173.

"The pharmacy lady said to get two, just in case," Ray told her softly, kissing her forehead again as he handed her the little plastic bag. May felt terrified, because if she was pregnant, chances were high it was too late to do anything about it. Sure, they had talked about kids, but it was an 'after marriage' kind of thing. Surely, Ray would be so angry with her for not realizing before! It was her body, after all!

"I'll take both then, just to be sure," May said quietly, swallowing hard. She felt so small, feeling like the world was about to crumble under her feet again.

...

"We know about your boyfriend," her father told her through the phone, making May's stomach drop. She knew she would be in big trouble, but had never expected what was about to come.

"I know you said no boyfriends, dad, but..." May tried to say, wanting to plead her case. She loved Rohan, and they were planning on staying together, making a life together.

"No but, you knew the deal. Your mother and I are very disappointed with you," her father said, making her stomach hurt.

"You're... You're not actually going to stop paying my tuition? Dad, please, you can't do that..?" May asked, tears pressing on. "Dad, please, I'll break up with him, I'll..."

"Forget it Maylinn, you had your chance. Next month won't be paid," her father told her firmly, but not angrily. "Better start packing."

The beeping tone as her father hung up the phone bounced through her head, making her dizzy. She had never in a million years expected her parents to actually go through with her threat.

It didn't make it any better that she caught Rohan cheating only two days before she had to be out of her dorm, leaving her with nowhere to stay.

...

She closed her eyes to make the world stop spinning as she stood alone in the bathroom waiting for the tests to process. Surely she couldn't be? She would be showing, she would know. Her only symptoms had been her illness and her stomach sticking out a bit, but the last one could definitely be explained by the amount of chocolate cake she had to comfort herself when dance practice went bad. She couldn't be.

Her hands shook as she carefully opened her eyes and reached for the first one to look at the result. Ray had gotten one cheap one and one more fancy one which could indicate the amount of weeks she was pregnant and everything. The first was the cheap one.

May let out a squeak of relief when there still was only one line when she checked it. Thank fuck she wasn't pregnant! She had never been so relieved in her life.

Just to be sure, she turned the other over as well. It was difficult to read the screen, but it seemed to say 'error'.

"How's it going?" Ray asked the through the door, and May jumped a bit. She didn't expect him to be right outside.

"The first test said I'm not pregnant, but the second test was faulty," May informed him, throwing them both away. "Just said 'error'."

Ray pulled her into a hug when she came out, catching her off guard. Was he that relieved she wasn't pregnant?

"It's good to know," Ray mumbled, stroking her back carefully. "I love you."

"I love you too, Ray," May mumbled softly, hugging her man back. He didn't kick her out of his life, which was all she could ever dare to ask for.