16.

Brett felt shy undressing for bed that night. It felt like Eddy was staring as he pulled the sweater off, looking at the fat spilling over the waistline of his boxers, probably thinking he was disgusting. He wouldn't say so, though. Of course not, Eddy was too kind and sweet.

He froze when he felt Eddy's hands sneaking around him from behind, pulling him close.

"You're so beautiful, love," Eddy exhaled down the side of his neck, letting his hands feel down Brett's sides. Brett didn't respond. What could he say without Eddy worrying about him anyway?

"You really are, and I'll be better at telling you. Every night," Eddy whispered, pressing a kiss to his pale neck. Brett shook his head slightly, wincing as it made him dizzy.

"Please don't," he whispered back, lip quivering as he looked down at the floor. "You don't have to lie to make me feel better, Eddy. I'll deal with this myself and you don't have to worry about it at all."

"It's not a lie, Bretty mine. You've always been beautiful to me," Eddy mumbled against the soft skin. "The most beautiful, handsome and sweet man I know."

"Let's just go to bed," Brett mumbled, untangling himself from Eddy's arms to lay down. Eddy's tiny sigh felt like a sting reminding Brett he was hurting him. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, you've done nothing wrong," Eddy assured him, pulling off his own sweater and jeans so he could lay down with Brett who had already begun crawling into bed. He went to check on Elise first, though, and she was thankfully sleeping like a log.

Brett couldn't help but crawl into the comfort of Eddy's warmth when he finally came under the covers with him, and Eddy gladly pulled him closer. He placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll have to wake you two times tonight," Eddy mumbled, getting brushing Brett's bangs to the side as he rested his head on his chest. "Because of your concussion."

"I know," Brett mumbled, getting stroking Eddy's stomach. He could if course see that Eddy had gotten slightly less toned than he used to be too, but not like he had. Eddy had just gotten a bit softer. Brett liked this softer Eddy with slightly rounder cheeks.

"I love you, Bretty mine," Eddy mumbled softly, kissing his forehead. "All of you."

"I love you too," Brett mumbled, pressing a kiss to the bare skin of Eddy's chest. "I'm sorry about today."

"Don't be, love, it's helped me be better for you," Eddy whispered, kissing his forehead again. "Sleep now, baby, I'll wake you in a few hours."

"Okay," Brett whispered back, snuggling closer. "Thank you for dealing with me."

"I'd deal with anything for you. Sleep tight."

Brett smiled just a tiny bit against Eddy's chest, forgetting about everything bad as he drifted off to sleep. Eddy's slow breathing, gentle touches and strong arms was what he needed to ignore his mind for just a few hours.