93.

Brett felt like his emotions were all over the place as he drove out to the airport to pick up Leonora. First of all, they would get the keys to their new house in the next couple of days which made Brett want to jump and dance around with a big grin on his face.

The other side of his emotions were freaking out about the fact that he had been sent to pick up Leonora on his own all thanks to Elise having a potty accident on Eddy's lap five minutes before they had to leave.

Unfortunately there was so much more traffic than he expected, and he was pretty sure he hadn't moved in ten minutes. Or at least a full minute. Luckily, he had planned on being a bit early, so Leonora wouldn't have to spend more time in there than absolutely necessary.

It felt like the traffic was standing still forever, but then suddenly it loosened up and he was able to step on the gas again. His phone had just told him her plane had landed ten minutes ago and he was still another ten minutes away.

He eventually got to the airport and found a spot in the short term parking. His nerves were through the roof now, drowning out the happiness from buying the house. He knew of course that it probably would be fine, that he'd help her out to the car and he'd drive her to her parents' house and go home to his boyfriend after like it didn't happen, but this was also his ex. An ex who had actually hurt him, no less.

Brett jumped when his phone rang, and when he pulled it out of his pocket he saw it was Leonora's contact.

"H.. Hello?" Brett asked into the phone while getting out of the car, clearing his throat.

"Where are you?" Leonora asked softly in the other end, clearly out of breath. Brett felt a pang of guilt, even though it really wasn't his fault he was late.

"I'm sorry, I'm just outside. I'll come in and get you now. Where are you waiting?" he asked, locking the car with the remote and half running across the street to the entrance. He almost ran into a small child, a bit older than Elise, who was around his knee height. Luckily he dodged the little boy just in time, quickly apologizing to the boy and his mom.

"By the kiosk. I went to get some coke because I was craving it so bad, but I didn't make it before exhausting myself," she said in a soft voice with a small chuckle at the end.

"I'll get you some coke, alright? No worries," Brett said as he made his way through the spinning doors and into the arrival hall. He looked around for a bit to locate the kiosk, and headed towards it when he finally spotted it.

"Thanks, Bretty, you're really the sweetest," Leonora said, sounding like she shifted her position on the bench. "Oh, I see you! Turn like a quarter to your left."

Brett did as instructed, and spotted Leonora leaning heavily on her large pink suitcase. Her belly was huge, like, holy fuck how did you get yourself there kind of huge. She gave him a small wave and he hurried over, hanging up the phone in the process.

"Hey Bretty!" Leonora smiled at him when he approached, opening her arms for a hug. He complied, kind of awkwardly giving her a side hug constantly being terrified he'd hurt her or the massive belly that would be his twins.

"Hey Leonora, I'm sorry I'm late. I hope you haven't been waiting too long," he said, slowly letting her go.

"Not too long, like ten minutes. Don't worry, it's just so tiring with all the stares, you know?" she said with a small smile, running a hand over her belly. He could totally understand that so he gave a small nod.

"I'll go grab you a coke and we can head home," Brett said, taking a step towards the kiosk. "I'll be right back."