She Has A Boyfriend-Keys

Key's POV

I didn't realize I was watching her until something was thrown at my head. I looked down and scowled at Mouser when I saw he had thrown the small dice from his desk at me.

"What?" I said through my teeth as I tossed the dice back at him. He just laughed as he caught it.

"You're pathetic."

"I am not," I scoffed.

"Really?" He challenged. "You have been obsessed with Y/N since she first started working here."

"She's a good coder," I stuttered.

"Yeah," Mouser laughed. "That's it?"

I looked at his smirk and rolled my eyes. My breath got stuck in my throat when Y/N started walking over to us.

"Hey, guys." She greeted.

"Hey, Y/N," I said, ignoring Mouser's smirk. "How was your weekend?"

"It was good," she smiled.

"Did you do anything with the boyfriend?"

To Y/N, Mouser's question was innocent. To me, it was a stab in the back.

"We hung out," she said, her cheeks burning.

"And we all know what that means," Mouser chuckled.

"Anyway," Y/N said, clearing her throat. "I was wondering if one of you guys could help me. I'm trying to code this new location for the game and I keep hitting a wall."

"Keys can help," Mouser said a little too quickly. "He went to MIT."

"Really?" Y/N asked as she looked at me. "I didn't know that."

"Yeah," I stuttered as I scratched the back of my neck.

"If you went to MIT, why are you answering user complaints?"

"He doesn't like to show off," Mouser laughed as he patted me roughly on the back.

"Well," Y/N chuckled, "then you are just the guy I need."

I opened my mouth to say something, but Y/N's phone started ringing. Mouser sent me a smirk as she grabbed her phone.

"Sorry," she said with the smile I wish I was responsible for. "I gotta take this. We'll talk later, Keys."

I watched her walk away and my stomach dropped when I heard how she answered her phone. "Hey, babe."

"Like I said," Mouser said, turning my attention towards him. "You're pathetic."

"I am," I said through my teeth. My heart sank as I saw Y/N smiling and laughing as she talked on the phone.

"But that doesn't change the fact," he sighed as he patted my shoulder, "that Y/N has a boyfriend."

"I know," I sighed as he walked away. "Believe me. I know."

* * * * *

Over the next couple of weeks, I noticed Y/N slowly start to change. She started coming into work acting strange. She wasn't her normal, happy self.

Today, was a drastic change. She walked into work this morning, seeming as if she was in a daze. It almost looked like she had been crying.

"Morning," I said to her as she walked by.

"What?" She stopped and turned around. "Did you say something?"