*Starting the Year off Right-Steve Harrington

Warnings: first time, virgin, foreplay, fingering, protected sex, language

"You sure you can't come?" Tommy scoffed, instantly glaring at me.

Ever since I was paired with Steve in Biology, Tommy has constantly tried to convince him to ignore me. During the second week of school, Steve and I were working with the Bunsen Burners and I accidentally burned myself. Steve instantly freaked out. He wrapped his arms around me and ran me to the teacher. He stayed with his arms around me as he escorted me to the nurse.

The burn wasn't serious but my mom still came and picked me up. On the way home, we stopped at the ER. It took us several hours. When we finally got home, Steve was waiting in front of our house.

~•~

"What are you doing here?" I asked as my mom and I got out of the car. I glance over at my mom but she just sent me a smile before heading inside.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," he stuttered.

"I'm fine," I said slowly. "It wasn't that bad. The ER doctor said it was. . ."

I stopped talking when Steve closed the gap between us. He gently grabbed my wrist and examined my bandage.

"How long are you going to have the bandages?" He asked under his breath.

"Not long," I said, trying to clear the frog out of my throat. "10 days. Maybe 14. Depends on how fast it heals."

He looked up at me, making my breath get caught in my throat.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"For what?"

"I should've protected you better."

"It's not your job," I said under my breath.

"I'm your lab partner," he shrugged, finally returning to his old self. "We're supposed to watch out for each other."

"Steve," I cut him off. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" He asked with a small chuckle. His smile slowly faded.

"What are you really doing here?"

"I was worried," he said slowly.

"Why?" A part of me knew I shouldn't push it, but another part wanted to know. "Why do you suddenly care?"

"Suddenly?" Steve stuttered. "Y/N. . ."

I waited for him to continue, but he didn't. I couldn't wrap my head around why he suddenly cared about me. Steve Harrington and I have never said anything to each other. Sure, we've grown up together but we were never in the same social group.

I sighed, slightly shaking my head, and started to leave. Steve grabbed my hand that wasn't wrapped in bandages and pulled me back. The second I was pressed to his chest, he leaned down and kissed me. I was too shocked to kiss him back. Like how he initiated it, he slowly broke the kiss.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you since the first day of biology when Mrs. Hendricks assigned us to be partners," Steve confessed with his voice barely a whisper. "I remember exactly what you were wearing; a light gray t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and a red flannel tied around your waist. You had these awesome sneakers that you wouldn't look up from. Your shampoo smelled like strawberries and your perfume smelled like vanilla. Strawberry vanilla instantly became my favorite smell."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I asked, barely able to breathe.

"Because," Steve said with a small chuckle, "I'm into you, Y/N. And I want to be more than just lab partners."