Comforting Presence-Steve Harrington

It all happened so suddenly. One minute Freddy and I were driving to talk to Max about what happened when she saw Eddie. The next, Freddy was gone.

I tried to go to the police officers on guard at the trailer park, but they started to berate me for breaking the curfew rule. They made everything seem like my fault. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, struggling to hold back my tears as the officer continued to scold me.

"I specifically told you not to stay here past curfew," he sighed. I stopped listening to him as I tried to go over everything that happened.

My heart jumped into my throat as a car pulled up. I instantly recognized it. Tears started to fall as Steve slowly got out of his car. There were others in his car but I was only focused on him.

I started to walk away but Officer Callahan stopped me. "I'm not done," he sighed. "We need to finish going over everything that happened."

"I already told you everything," I stuttered as I kept my eyes on Steve. My throat tightened as he slowly lifted his hand. I slowly lifted mine in return.

"Please," I whispered, slowly looking back at Officer Callahan. "I just want to go home."

I tried to walk away again, but he grabbed me again. This time he grabbed me too tightly, making me gasp in pain.

"Callahan!" Chief Pawell yelled as he jogged over. He grabbed Callahan's arm and pulled him off me.

Using this chance, Steve instantly ran over. As the new chief pulled Callahan away from me, Steve ran over, wrapped his arms around me, and tucked me into his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently with his arms still wrapped around me. I shook my head, tucking more into Steve's chest.

"You are now," he whispered, tightening his hold around me.

"Take me home, Steve," I said, my voice breaking. "Please?"

"That I can do."

* * * * *

I didn't say anything on the drive. The kids had started to ask questions the second we got in the car but Steve instantly told them to stop. I knew that everyone was confused. I knew they wanted answers to questions that only I could answer. That's where the problem was. How could I explain it to them when I didn't even know what happened to Freddy?

As he drove, Steve continually sent me worried glances. He reached over and gently put his hand on my knee. I instantly grabbed it, intertwining our fingers.

I leaned my head back against the headrest, silent tears streaming down my face. I didn't bother to wipe them away. I didn't need to hide from Steve. He squeezed my hand, knowing that what I needed right now was silent support.

We tried to drop the kids off at Dustin's house but they refused to leave us. Instead, they came with us to Steve's. The second we got out of the car, Steve was by my side. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me inside with the kids quickly following behind us.

He led me into the house and to his living room. We sat on the couch, the kids sitting in front of us. As we sat in silence, the kids got antsier. Any time they tried to ask me a question, Steve would either shake his head or clear his throat.

As much as I wanted to talk about it, I couldn't bring myself to. An hour passed and I still couldn't speak. Soon, it got late and the kids needed to go home before the town-wide curfew.

"Y/N," Steve whispered, breaking the silence. "I need to take the kids home. Why don't you stay here and. . ."

"No," I cut him off. "I don't want to be left alone."

"Okay," Steve said, not bothering to hide his surprise. "Let's go then."

I stood up, the others quickly following suit. I instantly grabbed Steve's hand. He intertwined our fingers as he led me out to his car. He held onto me as we drove the kids home. Dustin was the last one we dropped off.

I looked over when Steve didn't pull away from Dustin's house. I was about to say something, but he finally drove away. We were silent on the way home. We didn't break the silence as Steve parked the car and we headed inside.

I started to head into the living room but Steve pulled me upstairs. We walked into his room and he guided us to his bed. The second we laid down, Steve pulled me into his chest.

"It's horrible that this happened to Freddy," Steve whispered, "but I'm glad it wasn't you."

"Steve. . ."

"I don't know what I would do if Vecna took you from me, Y/N," he said, a little bit of anger coming through his voice. "If he hurt you, or worse. . ."

"You won't let him," I said quickly.

I sat up and turned toward him. I opened my mouth to say more but Steve cut me off. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. It took longer than I wanted for the shock to wear off. When it did, I didn't hold back.

Our lips started moving roughly in sync. I moaned as Steve wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. We let out matching moans as we started getting more into the kiss.

"Steve," I gasped, breaking the kiss.

"I won't let anything happen to you," Steve whispered, his breath still shaky from the kiss.

"I know," I said with a small giggle.

"I can't lose you, Y/N."

"You won't."