*Perfect Night-Joe Keery

Requested by Snackycake1975

Warnings: lots of fluff, protective sex, language

I've known Joe for four years. We met on the set of Stranger Things. He played Steve Harrington while I worked in the costume trailer. Two years ago, he finally asked me out. We've been together ever since.

Joe and I decided to move in together on our one-year anniversary. We found a small house on the outskirts of LA. It was close enough to Netflix's set while still giving me the small-town experience.

Every day I've spent with Joe has been one of my favorite days. He means the world to me. I used to think that the only time I'd been in love was in high school. Until I met Joe. I've never felt love like this.

But lately, things have felt a little off. Joe's been gone a lot more than just work. He's been on his phone more, constantly texting someone. Whenever I've asked, he's shrugged it off and told me it was something to do with work.

It almost felt like he's been keeping something from me. I didn't let myself spend time thinking about it because when I did, it made my stomach turn sour. I tried talking to some of my friends about him and what was going on but they instantly accused him of cheating on me.

I had just finished the laundry when I heard the front door open and shut. I heard Joe kick off his shoes and hang his keys by the door. I waited for him to call out to me or come find me but he didn't.

"Joe?" I called out as I carried the laundry basket out of the laundry room. "Is that you or a burglar?"

"If I was a burglar, you should call the police," Joe said, sounding weird, "not call out to them."

I stopped when I saw him still standing in the doorway. I put the laundry basket down before walking over to him. I reached up and gently cupped his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked under my breath. He started to say he was fine, but I cut him off. "What happened at work today?"

"Maya, Joseph, Natalie, Charlie, and I were supposed to go to lunch," he started to explain. "We got cornered by the damn paparazzi. Again."

"I'm sorry," I sighed, pulling him into my chest and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No," he said, slowly going back to his regular self. "Just being with you is enough."

Joe leaned in and pressed his lips delicately to mine. He started to try and deepen the kiss but I broke it before he could. I smirked up at his pout.

"Cheesball," I teased before turning on my heel.

Joe stopped me before I could walk away. He pulled me back into his chest, a different look in his eyes.

"I had an idea about dinner tonight," he said.

"Okay," I shrugged. "What's your idea? I went grocery shopping today so I could make. . ."

"Let's go out," he interrupted. "And I don't mean our usual places."

"Did you have a specific place you wanted to go to?"

"Antonios."

"What?" I asked, slightly laughing. "Baby, that place is extremely hard to get reservations. You have to call like six months in advance."

"Not unless you know the host," Joe said with a teasing smirk, "which I do."

"You're kidding," I said slowly. "No, you're not."

He pulled me closer, pressing his forehead to mine. He chuckled as he rubbed our noses together.

"I'm not," he whispered. "Here's what I want you to do, baby. Go upstairs and take a nice, hot shower. I want you to get dressed in your favorite dress, the one that makes you feel the sexiest. Do your hair, makeup, the whole nine yards. And then I am going to take you to dinner."