The Soccer Player And His Nanny-Joe Keery

Requested by @heyitzellen3

Joe glanced up in the stands to see his son walking to their usual seats with his nanny directly behind him. When Danny saw his dad, he stopped walking and waved widely. Joe laughed as he lifted his hand and waved back to his son.

Joe's eyes glanced to Y/N, his son's nanny. He nodded toward her before continuing his drills with the team. Joe caught himself continually glancing at Danny and Y/N in the stands.

Y/N started working for Joe, helping him with Danny three years ago. She started shortly after Joe's wife died. Danny was only four when they lost her mother. His son shut down after that. He didn't laugh. He didn't smile. He rarely talked. Until he met Y/N.

The second Danny met Y/N, he opened up. He invited her to his room and they played for over an hour. They would have played for longer if Joe hadn't gone upstairs and interrupted. The second Y/N started to leave, Danny asked if Y/N could come back and play tomorrow.

Joe had no choice. He had to hire the woman who brought his son out of the walls his mother's death built around him.

Not to say that Joe wouldn't have hired her anyway. She went to college for child development and has been babysitting and nannying since high school. Watching her with Danny, Joe knew she was a natural. He knew that his son would be in good hands.

"Your nanny is pretty cute, Keery," Wilson chuckled as he patted him on the back a little too hard.

"Must be nice having that to welcome you home every night," Jennings smirked.

"Where can I get one?" Lucas asked.

"I need to get a kid so I have an excuse to have one of her," Oliver joined in.

"Hey, Keery. I have a serious question for you," Max started. Joe already knew where this was going and he was struggling to control his anger. "After she tucks little Danny in at night, does she go to your room and tuck you in?"

"Enough," Joe warned through his teeth. He used his anger as he ran and kicked the ball. None of his anger was relieved when the soccer ball went into the net. He turned around and glared at his teammates.

He opened his mouth to threaten them but caught Y/N and Danny watching him. Danny pulled on Y/N's sleeve and asked her a question. She glanced at Joe before answering him.

With clenched fists, Joe walked away from his teammates. He went to the bench and grabbed some water. He wasn't actually thirsty. He just needed some air before he punched one of his teammates.

"Daddy!"

Joe turned and saw Danny running towards him with Y/N quickly following behind. Danny jumped on the bench and jumped on his back.

"Danny," Y/N sighed as she caught up to him. "I'm sorry, Joe. I told him to wait until halftime."

"That's alright," Joe chuckled, glancing at his son still on his back. "The game hasn't started yet. But remember, bud, you have to stay with Y/N during my games."

"I know," Danny said as Joe put him down. "I just wanted to wish you luck."

Joe patted his head with a small chuckle. His eyes darkened when he saw several teammates watching from the middle of the field. He glanced back at Y/N to see her studying him.

"How about you and Y/N go and get a hot dog before the game?" Joe suggested. He wasn't sure if he suggested it to get his son off the field or Y/N away from his teammates.

"Yay!" Danny turn and started running to the concessions.

"Danny!" Y/N called out. "Wait for me, sweetheart!"