First Sleepover-Joe Keery

The credits began to roll but neither one of us moved. I was too comfortable in Joe's arms to move. We sat like that, on the couch in each other's arms, until the movie automatically went back to the menu.

"Well," Joe chuckled, "that's my cue."

We stood up and I watched him walk towards the door. I wrapped my arms around myself as I watched him put on his jacket.

"You okay?" He asked, slipping on his shoes.

"It's just," I hesitated.

"Hey," he said. "What's wrong?"

"It's really late," I sighed. "And I keep reading about people who take Ubers really late on the weekends. And you're famous so it makes it more dangerous."

"Y/N," he smiled as he walked over. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. "I'll be fine. But if it makes you feel better, I'll have my location on the whole time. I'll text you updates and. . ."

"Or you could stay over."

I bit my lip, holding my breath as I waited for his reaction. His smile slowly widened.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," I said quickly. "I just thought. . ."

"Babe," he gently cut me off. He reached up and grabbed my chin before pressing his lips delicately to mine.

"If you would be more comfortable with me staying here instead of leaving," he said softly after breaking the kiss, "then I'll stay."

He must've seen the hesitation still in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me so my hands were pressed to his chest.

"Just because I stay over doesn't mean we have to do anything," he whispered.

"Really?"

"Of course," he said with a small smile. "We don't have to do anything until you're ready."

"Thank you," I whispered with tears building. Joe smiled as he reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lingering.

"We've talked about this," he reassured. "You're not ready and that's okay. I want you to know that we won't take any steps until you are 100% ready."

"We've been together over a year," I said, pulling out of his hold and wrapping my arms around myself. "Most guys. . ."

"I'm not most guys," Joe said quickly. He reached forward and gently grabbed my shoulders. He smiled at me as he rubbed my arms.

"I promise," I said, my breath getting caught in my throat, "whenever I'm ready, you'll be the first to know."

He laughed as he pulled me closer. He paused before slowly leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. When he broke the kiss, he rubbed his nose against mine.

"Whenever you're ready," he repeated.

* * * * *

After Joe agreed to stay, we headed upstairs and went to my room. He intertwined our fingers and led me over to the bed. We laid down, a semi-awkward feeling falling between the two of us.

He looked over and suddenly chuckled. My face burned when he grabbed my teddy bear. He playfully pouted before covering his pout with my teddy bear.

"Who's this?" He teased. "Mr. Bear?"

"No," I elongated as I took my bear out of his hands. "Her name is Sylvia."

"Sylvia?" Joe said with a small laugh. His smile dropped when he saw my eyes drop to my beloved bear.

"I named her after my grandma," I whispered. "She gave this to me when I was born. She passed away a few months before you and I started dating. This bear is all I have left of her."

Joe reached over and put his hand on top of mine still holding Sylvia. I looked up to see him smiling softly at me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to tease you. Or the name you gave your bear. I'm sorry, Y/N."

"It's okay," I smiled.

"I have an idea," Joe said after a few beats of silence. "How about we get changed into our pj's and watch a show until we can barely keep our eyes open?"

"Sounds good."

We started getting ready for bed. I went into the bathroom to change, but when I closed the door, I just stared at my reflection.

What did he see in me?

I wasn't successful. I wasn't drop-dead gorgeous. I wasn't smart. There was nothing extraordinary about me. I was normal. Bland. Boring.

Why would Joe Keery want to be with me when he could be with any single actress in Hollywood?

"Y/N?" Joe called as he knocked on the bathroom door. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," I said quickly. "Almost ready."

I quickly changed into my pajamas and left the bathroom. I walked out, subconsciously pulling at the hem of my shirt.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Of course," I shrugged. I reached down and pulled on the edge of my shorts in the useless hope of making them longer.

I was about to walk past him, but he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing," I said, my voice getting caught in my throat.

"Y/N."

"Fine," I sighed. "I'm a little. . . Embarrassed."

"What. . ."

He stopped. Instead of saying anything, he intertwined our fingers and led me over to my bed. Once we were sitting he finally continued.

"Y/N, you know you don't have to be embarrassed around me. I think you're perfect."

"But I'm not," I whispered.

Joe leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. The second our lips touched, we started moving them in sync. Without breaking the kiss, he laid us down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. As much as we tried to hold back, we got lost in the kiss.

"I'm sorry," he broke the kiss. "I know you said you weren't ready. . ."

"It's okay," I said breathlessly. I blushed as I added, "Just because I'm not that ready, doesn't mean we can't get close."

Joe smirked as he lowered himself so our noses were barely touching. He took a deep breath as he slowly rubbed our noses together.

"Tell me when to stop."