A Sunny Christmas-Joe Keery

The second I got on the plane, I tore off my winter coat. I sat down and instantly pulled my hair up. I grabbed my phone and started calling him.

"Hey, baby," his voice came smoothly through the phone. "You on the plane?"

"Just sat down."

"Want me to wait up for you?" He offered.

"No," I sighed. "I'll get in really late. I'll try not to wake up you when I get home."

"Even if you do," he chuckled, "I wouldn't mind. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, baby," I said, finally relaxing more into my seat. "I can't believe I've been in London for six months."

"Was it at least worth it?" He asked.

"Not really. I mean, the movie is going to be great but. . ."

"But what, babe?"

"I'm ready to not be freezing every day of the week," I scoffed. "I'm ready for heat and warmth and having to take off clothes instead of put more on."

"I can help with that last part." I could hear Joe's smirk coming through the phone.

"The second the jet lag wears off," I said, dropping my voice, "I'm gonna let you."

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Y/L/N," the flight attendant said sweetly. "We're about to take off and we're gonna need you to hang up."

"No problem," I said, turning on my Actress Voice.

"I heard that," Joe sighed. "See you in 11 and a half hours?"

"See you then."

* * * * *

I unlocked the front door and quietly shut it behind me. I kicked off my shoes and softly dropped my bags at the bottom of the stairs. I was about to head up to our room when I saw something on the kitchen table. I walked into the kitchen, a smile forming when I saw the bouquet of flowers. I picked up the note and read Joe's oddly neat handwriting.

Welcome home, baby. I missed you.

Eager to see my husband, I grabbed my bag and jogged upstairs. I was about to throw the door open when I remembered what time it was. I softly opened the door and gently put my bag down in front of our closet. I walked over and slipped into bed.

"Hey, baby," Joe muttered sleepily. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. "I missed you, gorgeous."

"I missed you too," I whispered as I tucked more into his chest.

"Get some sleep," he said, already half asleep.

"See you in the morning," I said as sleep overtook me.

A few hours later, I woke up to the smell of bacon. I sat up, slightly confused until I realized where I was. I got out of bed, pulling on one of Joe's flannels. As I walked downstairs, I could hear Joe in the kitchen.

"Damn," I sighed, "I could get used to waking up to my man making me breakfast."

"There she is."

I laughed as he tossed the spatula onto the counter and jogged over to me. Joe pressed his lips to mine as he pressed me up against the fridge.

"I missed you," he said between kisses.

"I missed you too."

We laughed as we somehow made our way away from the fridge and to our table. We let out matching grunts as Joe picked me up and laid me down on the table before crawling on top of me.