*A Full Brood-Steve Harrington

Requested by dingusstevie2008

Warnings: breeding kink, unprotected sex, bathroom sex, fingering, language

Steve Harrington and I met in the least likely of places – Scoops Ahoy. I was hired about two months before Steve started. I ended up training him. We bonded over sarcastic comments and tip contests. I didn't think Steve Harrington would ever talk to me, let alone ask me to marry him.

Nothing makes two people confess their love for each other better than being kidnapped and drugged by Russians. We dated for the next year. When Vecna started sacrificing teenagers, Steve started to insist that I stay with him. It started with me staying the night every few days. It soon became every night. He was terrified that something would happen to me the second I was away from him.

As we tried to prove Eddie's innocence and defeat Vecna before he got Max, Steve seemed to refuse to leave my side even more. I still think about Steve's sudden but serious proposal.

~•~

My stomach felt like a rock as we drove to Eddie's trailer. Steve was driving one-handed because he refused to let go of my hand. I looked over at him and tears built in my eyes.

"Steve," I whispered. "What if we. . ."

"Don't," he cut me off. "We're going to survive, Y/N. All of us."

"But. . ."

"Baby, please," he pleaded. He glanced over at me, his eyes soft. "I don't want to think about. . . I can't think about losing you. Okay? The only thing that is keeping me from turning the RV around and driving us all somewhere safe is the idea of you surviving. So, please don't put the idea of you not making it out of this fight alive into my head. Please, baby. I can't lose you."

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I squeezed his hand, not loosening my grip. He brought our intertwined hands up to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

We didn't speak as we pulled into the trailer park. Wordlessly, we started climbing through the gate. My stomach clenched as Steve went first. He sent me a wink before going to grab Eddie's mattress.

When he got back, he glanced up at me and nodded. I instantly started climbing. I gasped as I landed on the mattress. Steve reached down and helped me to my feet. As soon as I was standing, Steve pulled me into his chest and kissed me.

"Come on, lovebirds," Eddie chuckled. "We got a monster to go kill."

The rest of the group joined us and we started to leave. Steve, Robin, and Nancy were about to head to the Creel house when he turned back around. He pulled me into his chest like he was going to kiss me but didn't.

"This is horrible timing," he chuckled, "but I have to ask it before I go."

"Okay," I whispered. "What is it?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes," I said instantly. Steve smiled before kissing me. When he broke it, he leaned his nose against mine.

"We'll look at rings when this is over."

~•~