*Screw It-Steve Harrington

Warnings: longing, unprotected sex, at-work kink, language

Steve's POV

I looked over at Y/N helping a customer and didn't notice that I was staring at her until Robin hit me in the back of the head with a cherry.

"What's your problem?" I sighed.

"The longer you stare at her, the more depressed I get."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, clearing my throat.

"Come on," Robin sighed. "Just ask her out. You both have feelings for each other, which both of you know, and yet, both of you refuse to do anything about it. Seeing you two pine for each other, makes me want to throw up."

"We can't," I sighed, glancing over at Y/N again. "You know our company policy. Coworkers can't date."

"It's a stupid rule," Robin scoffed as she flicked my hat. I rolled my eyes as I fixed it and walked out to help Y/N with a big party that came in.

"Thank you," Y/N whispered with a small giggle when I stood next to her. "I thought you and Robin had bailed on me."

"Well, I can't speak for Robin," I joked, "but I'd never bail on you."

* * * * *

For the next week, I noticed Robin started making weird excuses so Y/N and I would be in close quarters. She stuck us with inventory, restocking the freezer, and the closing shift.

The more time I spent with Y/N, the more I wanted her. I haven't dated anyone since Nancy, and I was ready. And besides, Y/N was perfect for me. She was smart and funny and kind and down-to-earth and beautiful. Even better, she made me feel like I didn't have to pretend. I could be myself with her.

"You okay?"

I looked up to see Y/N staring at me, concern in her eyes.

Damn, I want to kiss her.

"I'm fine," I said, clearing my throat. "Just. . . Got a lot on my mind, I guess."

"Oh?" She asked. She walked over and took the clipboard out of my hand. She tossed it onto a nearby empty shelf before turning towards me and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Spill."

"Y/N," I sighed. "It's nothing."

"Bullshit," she chuckled. "What's wrong?"

"I told you. I'm fine."

"No, you're not, Steve. Talk to me."

"Y/N. . ."

"Something's bugging you," she continued. "You've been in your head all week. You think I haven't noticed it but. . ."

I cut her off by grabbing her face and pressing my lips to hers. She instantly moaned and started kissing me back. Suddenly, she gasped and broke the kiss.

"Steve," she whispered. "We can't do this."

"But. . ."

"I like you," she said, her voice breaking, "like really like you, Steve, but. . . I can't lose this job. My parents aren't helping me pay for college. If we get caught. . ."

"I know," I sighed. "It's against company policy."

"I'm sorry."

She turned on her heel and left the back room. I ran my fingers through my hair and mumbled, "I'm sorry too."

* * * * *

The next day, there was a weird tension between Y/N and me. Robin caught on the second she walked in.