The Girl Who Was Stuck-Steve Harrington

Steve's POV

I looked down at the wound on my side, grimacing in pain. I quickly covered it up, making sure no one else saw. We were stuck in the UpsideDown. We had more important things to worry about.

We were on our way to Eddie's trailer, hoping that Dustin's theory about the gates was right. As we walked, I noticed Nancy paying extra attention to something deep in the forest.

"What was that?" Nancy gasped.

"What was what?" I asked.

"Something. . . Something's out here with us," Nancy said. "Following us."

"It was probably nothing," Robin stuttered, sounding unsure.

"Or it was one of those bats from hell," Eddie scoffed.

This time, we all saw it; a shadow running between the trees. I looked at the others before looking back at the tree the shadow ran behind. I grabbed the ax and slowly walked toward it.

"Hello?" I called out. "Who's there?"

"Please don't hurt me," came a soft voice.

"That sounds like a girl," Eddie mumbled.

"We're not going to hurt you," Nancy said to her, glancing at me.

"You can trust us," Robin added. We looked at each other when the person hiding didn't come out.

"Are you hurt?" I asked them.

"No," the girl said shakily.

"Can we see you?" Robin asked. "We promise not to hurt you."

"Maybe we can help you," I offered. "We know how to get out of here."

"You do?"

The girl slowly stepped out from behind the tree. "Do you really know a way out of here?"

"We do," Nancy smiled.

They continued to reassure the girl but the pain in my side got too much. I leaned against the closest thing as I was hit with a wave of dizziness. I was brought out of my daze when the girl walked over to me.

"You're hurt," the girl whispered.

"I'm fine," I tried to shrug off but that caused me to gasp in pain.

"No, you're not."

The girl grabbed my arm, pulling me to a nearby rock. I looked up to see the others staring at us, confused.

"What's wrong?" Nancy asked.

"Is that blood?" Eddie said slowly.

"Steve, you're bleeding!" Robin gasped. She ran over, quickly followed by the others.

"It's not too deep," the girl said. "We just need to clean it and cover it."

The girl grabbed one of our waters and gently poured it on my wound. She cringed when I gasped in pain.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay," I tried to laugh through the pain.

"I hate to tell you this, but that won't be the worse part," she sighed, sending me an apologetic look. She leaned down and started tearing fabric off the bottom of her shirt.

"This is the worse part," she whispered.

"Do it," I nodded. I lifted my arms, but she hesitated.

"It's okay," I whispered. "I can take it."

She looked up at me, both of us caught in an intense staring contest. She cleared her throat, breaking the tension. She let out a shaky breath as she started to wrap my wound. I tried to hold back the painful gasp but it didn't work.