Surprised Reactions-Steve Harrington

Requested by FrankieN09

Steve's POV

"There's my sailor."

I looked up and smiled when I saw Y/N walking into the shop in her uniform. I jumped over the counter, ignoring Robin's groan as she walked out of the back room.

Y/N giggled as I pulled her into my chest, wrapping my arms around her waist. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to mine.

"Knock it off, lovebirds!" Robin yelled. Y/N and I jumped apart when we felt something hit us. I looked down to see sprinkles around us.

"You know you're going to have to clean that up," I sighed, keeping my arms wrapped around Y/N.

"Nope," Robin smirked. "I'm on break and Y/N hasn't signed in yet. It's all you, Romeo."

I sighed, turning back to Y/N as Robin went on her break.

"Sorry," she sighed as she tightened her arms around him. "If you want, let me clock in real fast and I'll help you."

"That's okay," I smiled. I leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "Go clock in," I said, breaking the kiss, "I'll get the broom."

Y/N stood on her toes and kissed me again before walking into the back room to clock in. I sighed, trying not to get lost in my head as I cleaned up the sprinkles.

Once I had gotten everything cleaned up and thrown away, I turned around to see Y/N helping a customer. I loved watching Y/N interact with customers. She was always so friendly.

Y/N started working at the ice cream shop at the same time Robin started. When I joined their team, the three of us fell into a great rhythm. Robin and Y/N became best friends. Robin and I became partners in crime that Y/N had to try and control. And I started to fall for Y/N.

And boy did I fall for her. Fast.

It took months of me staring at Y/N and Robin bullying me into asking her out. Finally, Robin made a comment in front of Y/N and I had no choice but to tell Y/N I had feelings for her. I barely stuttered through my confession and asked her on a date. We've been together for about a month now and I can't believe how attached I am to her. I've never felt like this before.

"Hey, Steve?" Y/N called from the back. I handed Robin my scoop and jogged through the back room. Y/N was signing some paperwork as the delivery man unloaded a couple of cartons of ice cream.

"Hey, babe," I said as I walked over. I kissed her cheek, smiling proudly to myself when her face turned pink. "What did you need, gorgeous?"

"Can you help me carry these into the freezer?" She asked. "And there's a couple that we can take straight to the counter."

"Anything for my favorite girl," I said, kissing her cheek again. Y/N laughed as she rolled her eyes. She handed the paperwork back to the delivery guy who was smiling at the two of us.

"Thank you," she said to him. "And sorry for. . . Him."

"Don't worry," the delivery guy chuckled. "Young love."

I glanced at Y/N, hoping to get some kind of hint of her reaction to that. Her face was still slightly pink as she took a shaky breath. She turned toward me, nervously biting her bottom lip.

Y/N and I have never talked about the L word. I didn't need to think about it. I knew I was in love with her. I fell for her long before I finally asked her out.

I grabbed one of the cartons of ice cream and carried it to the back freezer. After I finished loading the new ice cream, I walked back to the counter and saw Y/N labeling a new spot.