Love Through Makeup-Joe Keery

Requested by i-am-a-addict

"Hey, Y/N!"

I turned around to see Joe jogging toward me. I shoved my hands in my back pockets, nervously chewing my bottom lip.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor," he said when he caught up to me.

"Of course," I shrugged. "What do you need?"

Four years ago, I got a job doing the hair and makeup for the cast of Stranger Things. I was fresh out of cosmetology school and the Duffer brothers took a chance on me. My specialty was makeup special effects but doing a show as intense as Stranger Things was a lot of pressure.

A lot of the makeup was CGI but there was still some that I had to do, especially on the characters that get dragged into the UpsideDown. After season one came out, people flipped. The show exploded and the makeup got more challenging. Season two, I was hesitant. When fans started freaking out about the makeup, I got more confident. Now I did a lot more than on-screen makeup.

"I have an interview tonight and I don't really trust the makeup team they have," he said. "Last time I went there, they used that horribly cheap makeup and I ended up breaking out right before award season. I could really use your help. You in?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "I can meet you at the studio or. . ."

"How about my place?" Joe immediately found a solution. "Maybe we can get dinner before?"

"I can't," I said a little too fast.

Joe and I have a kinda weird relationship. We started as friends. As the show went on and we spent more and more time together, our friendship turned a little 'flirty'.

"My mom is redecorating her house," I stuttered out the first excuse I could think of. "She needs my help choosing paint colors and fabric swatches. It's a whole thing. But I can meet you at the studio."

"Sounds fun," he said, sounding like he wasn't fazed. "See you then."

I turned on my heel and started walking quickly back to the makeup trailer. When I got there, I closed the door and let out the breath I've been holding.

The first three seasons of our show, Joe and I flirted back and forth. But this last season, things have changed. The harmless flirting seemed to get more serious. At least the butterflies in my stomach got more serious.

Whenever I do Joe's hair and makeup, all that one-on-one time with him, makes my butterflies turn into an entire zoo. The idea of going to Joe's apartment, and maybe getting dinner, made the zoo uncontrollable.

I stalled going to Joe's apartment for as long as I could. When I couldn't wait any longer, I grabbed the travel case of makeup I take on the road and drove to the address that Joe gave me. I shakily got out of my car and headed up to his apartment. I put down the case before knocking on the door while holding my breath.

"There's my girl."

My heart jumped into my throat at how Joe answered the door. I reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm hurt."

"What?" He asked, his face dropping.

"Your hair isn't a complete mess," I teased, "which means you had someone else do it. So, tell me, Joe. What hairdresser are you cheating on me with?"

I sucked in a breath when he quickly grabbed my hands and pulled me closer.

"I swear to you, my perfect Y/N, I would never cheat on you. You are and forever will be my hairdresser."