Nurse Joe-Joe Keery

Joe's POV

We finished our scene and I started walking back to my trailer. As soon as I closed the door, I heard my phone ringing. I quickly answered it when I saw it was my wife, Y/N, calling me.

"Hey, beautiful," I answered. "I'm finally done. What are you feeling for dinner? I could pick something up on the way home or I could make something or. . ."

"Joe?" She cut me off. I immediately stopped talking when I heard the pain in her voice.

"What's wrong, gorgeous?" I said gently.

"Something doesn't feel right." She gasped in pain, cutting herself off.

"I'm on my way," I said quickly. I ran out of my trailer, not bothering to change out of my costume.

"Hey, Joe, we were thinking. . ." Joesph Quinn started to say as I ran by.

"Can't!" I yelled. "Y/N's in pain."

"Oh shit."

I jumped in my car and sped home. I ignored speed limits and stop signs, cursing when I had to stop at a light. The second I pulled up to our house, I got out and ran inside.

"Y/N?!" I yelled as I threw the front door open. "Where are you, darling?"

"Bedroom," I heard her gasp. I ran upstairs, my heart in my throat. When I got to our room, Y/N was doubled over in pain next to the bed. I ran over and collapsed next to her, instantly wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm here," I whispered. "I'm right here, gorgeous."

I started to help her up but she let out a pained scream. "I'm sorry, my love," I gasped, tightening my arms around her. "But we need to get you to the hospital."

I helped her stand up, but when she gasped in pain again, I picked her up bridal style. She leaned her head against my chest as I carried her out to my car. I carefully laid her down in the back seat. Before I got in the driver's seat, I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

I sped to the hospital, constantly looking back to check on Y/N. I started to regret putting her in the backseat when I couldn't hold her hand.

"It's going to be okay, my darling Y/N," I said, glancing at her again. "We're almost there."

"It's too early," she gasped. "I'm not due for. . . another month. . ."

"I know, my love," I sighed, trying to calm down so I could help my wife. "I know. Just hang on."

I pulled in front of the hospital and threw my car in park. I jumped out and threw open the back door. I gently grabbed my wife and carried her inside.

"Help!" I screamed. "My wife needs help."

"We need a gurney," one of the nurses ordered. The staff instantly brought one over and carefully helped me put my wife down.

"How far along is she?" The first nurse asked.

"Eight months," I said, unable to look away from my Y/N. "Is she. . . It's too early for labor."

"She's going to be fine," the nurse reassured.

"Sir," another nurse stopped me from going into the back. "I'm sorry but I need you to wait here."

"But. . . She's my wife. . ."

"And if she starts having the baby, I will come and get you myself. I promise," the second nurse added.

I stood there, frozen as they took my wife away from me. I ran my hands through my hair, unable to get my heart rate down. I tried to sit down to calm myself down but it was useless. I couldn't stop shaking my leg as I kept my eyes glued to the door they took my wife through.