Poorly Timed Confessions-Steve Harrington

I woke up, my whole body aching. I groaned as I tried to stretch my neck.

"Y/N? Are you awake?"

I looked over my shoulder, my breath getting stuck in my throat. "Steve?" I gasped. "Where. . . Where are we?"

"We're still under the mall," he sighed. "Those freaks grabbed you."

"You tried to stop them," I mumbled. "But they took you too."

"I couldn't let you get hurt."

I leaned my head against his, smiling when he leaned his head back against mine.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I asked, under my breath.

"We'll figure it out," Steve instantly reassured. "I promise, Y/N. We're gonna get out of here. I won't let them hurt you."

We both jumped when the door opened.

"You're awake," a guy in uniform said.

"What do you want?" Steve demanded.

"We want your employer," he said it like it was obvious.

"Our employer?" I asked. "But we. . . We work at an ice cream shop."

I gasped, cringing in pain when he fake-charged me. Steve instantly yelled at him to stop. The smirk on the Russian's face made my stomach drop. Steve just showed a weakness; me.

"Come in, Doctor!" He called out.

"Doctor?" Steve scoffed. "I don't think my insurance covers the copay."

Just then a creepy doctor walked in. Steve and I sent each other awkward over-the-shoulder looks before starting to laugh.

"I should tell you," I said as the doctor walked past me to the table, "I don't like doctors."

"Ohhh," Steve laughed as the guy took something out of his bag. "Fancy."

"Shiny!" I gasped dramatically when he unrolled the piece of leather. We slowly realized the seriousness as the doctor filled a syringe.

"What is that?" I asked, under my breath.

"Hey," Steve warned as the doctor walked towards me. "Don't. . ."

His warning turned into a yell when the doctor walked over to me. The doctor grabbed my neck and cut off my scream as he pushed the needle into my neck.

"What are you doing?!" Steve yelled. "What did you give her?!"

I let out a painful gasp as the doctor slowly pulled the needle out.

"If you hurt her," Steve started to threaten.

"No!" I yelled when the doctor grabbed another syringe and moved toward Steve. "Don't! Please don't hurt him!"

My heart bungee jumped into my stomach when Steve let out a pained yell. I held my breath as the doctor pulled his needle out of Steve's neck.

"Steve," I said his name shakily.

"I'm okay," he said, out of breath.

"What did you give us?" I demanded.

"Something that will help you tell the truth," the Russian soldier laughed.

"What the hell does that mean?" Steve scoffed.

"You gave us truth serum?" I taunted. "That's some crazy shit!"

Steve and I started laughing as they left. When the door slammed shut behind them, reality hit us. I bit my lip to stop the fear-filled tears threatening to spill. Neither one of us said anything for a while. Finally, Steve broke the silence.