Stranger By The Pool Part 2-Joe Keery

Tumblr Request by rackeracer

Part 1 Recap

Family vacations are never relaxing. By the end of it, I need a vacation from my vacation. After yet another family vacation fight, I ran off and hid at the pool. While I was there, I ran into a guy my age. He was cute, funny, smart, and turned out to be the actor, Joe Keery. Sadly, my sister dragged me back for family fun. Before I left, Joe snuck me a cocktail napkin with his number on it.

~•~

It's been a month since our disastrous family vacation. I guess it wasn't super disastrous. I haven't been able to stop thinking about Joe. Before my sister told me, I never would've guessed he was a famous actor. He seemed so. . . normal.

I still have that cocktail napkin he wrote his cute little message and his number on. I see it almost every day and yet I haven't called him yet.

Life has only gotten worse since the family vacation. Work has gotten busier so I get home really late. I then wake up a few hours later and do it all over again.

Tonight, my last client canceled (they decided to go to marriage counseling instead of getting a divorce) so I decided to go get some wings and a lot of beer at the nearest bar.

Two plates of wings, one gallon of beer, and drinks I lost count of later, I called a cab to drive me home. When I walked into my apartment, I could barely unlock the door. I giggled as I continued to struggle as I shook my shoe off. I gasped when one flung down the hallway.

"Opps," I giggled.

I stumbled my way down the hallway, almost tripping on the shoe I already forgot was there. It was a miracle that I was able to change out of my work clothes and slip into a comfortable pair of leggings and an oversized flannel.

I was about to go pick a cartoon to watch until I fell asleep, but I saw the napkin on my desk. I chewed on my bottom lip for .5 seconds before grabbing the napkin. It took me a couple of minutes before finally finding my phone.

"Hello?"

"You shouldn't answer the phone for a number you don't recognize," I drunkenly slurred.

"I guess I shouldn't," he laughed.

"This is Y/N, by the way. We met that one night at the pool."

"I remember," he teased.

"Aww," I cooed. "That's so sweet. What are you doing right now?"

"I'm just leaving work. Why?"

"You should come over."

"Are you sure?" He asked slowly.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I'm bored and haven't been near anyone who isn't yelling at their spouse, arguing over the custody of children, or wanting answers to things I warned them about. I'm lonely, Joey."

"Y/N," he hesitated.

"I'm not lonely and want you to come over because of that," I giggled. I sighed before saying, "I just don't want to be alone. Again."

He did say anything. It was probably only a few seconds but my drunk brain made it feel like years.

"Text me the address."

* * * * *

I had no idea why someone was knocking on my front door. I stood up but the room wouldn't stop spinning. I took a couple of steps but almost tripped over my coffee table.