*Post-Practice Cool Down-Steve Harrington

Warnings: unprotected sex, shower sex, rough/kinky sex, language

Billy Hargrove came to Hawkins and immediately tried to take over. The girls loved him and the guys hated him. From the second he met Steve, he made it his life mission to get in his head. And he had two ways to do this; through basketball and me.

We've been friends since kindergarten after Steve stood up for me when Tommy kept pulling my pigtails. During freshman year, my crush finally asked me out. I was so excited but after two dates, I caught him making out with another girl.

I was so heartbroken I ran home from school that day. A little later, Steve came climbing through my window. He sat with me all night and kept saying what a douche the guy was and that I deserved better. I fell asleep in his arms. Right as I fell asleep, I heard him whisper that he loved me.

The next day at school I was awkward and nervous around him. He asked me at lunch what was going on and I couldn't tell him. He dragged me to the baseball field and we sat down on the bleachers. He pushed me to tell him what was wrong.

~ • ~

"Come on, Y/N," Steve sighed as he grabbed my hand. "You gotta talk to me. I'm your best friend. I know when something's wrong."

"I heard you," I whispered.

"What are you talking about?"

"After Luke cheated on me, you came over," I started to recount. "You stayed with me all night and. . . Right before I fell asleep, I heard you whisper something."

"Oh," Steve mumbled, catching on. I felt him readjust his grip on my hand.

"It's okay," I said quickly. Steve looked at me, instantly studying me.

"It is?"

"Yeah," I shrugged. "Because I. . . I mean we've. . . I do."

"You do?" Steve asked, scooting closer to me.

"I do," I whispered. I gasped when Steve leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. Smiling, I slowly started kissing him back. We got lost in the kiss. The only thing that brought us out of it was the bell ringing.

~ • ~

Ever since Billy came to town, Steve's been kind of tense. He's been almost defensive. No matter what I do, nothing seems to help.

I sat and watched the boys play basketball, cringing when Steve slowly started getting frustrated. He kept making eye contact with me. Whenever he did, his eyes softened. But then Billy would say something and Steve would get angry all over again.

I jumped when Billy pushed Steve to the ground. I sat at the edge of my seat when Billy went to help Steve up. He whispered something before roughly pushing him back down. Steve was fuming as he went to the boy's locker room.

I waited for Steve but he was taking longer than normal. When everyone else had gone home, Steve still hadn't come out. Sighing, I grabbed my backpack and headed into the locker room. I could hear the water running.

"You know something, Harrington?" Billy laughed. I peeked around the corner to see Billy turning off Steve's shower. "I gotta give you some props. That girl of yours? Y/N? She's pretty sexy. Sexier than you, that's for sure. She's too good for you. Maybe I should. . ."

"If you go anywhere near my Y/N," Steve started to threaten.

"You know, if she ever wants someone to show her a real good time, have her give me a call."