Our Saving Y/N-Keys

Keys' POV

"I already told you, Thing 1 and Thing 2," Antwan laughed, "your game isn't going to work. No one wants to watch NPCs. They want to shoot them!"

"Well," I tried to reason with him.

"I don't know if you guys are aware," Antwan chuckled, "but the point of video games is to make money."

"The point of video games is to give the users a full experience," Millie started.

"Blah blah blah," he scoffed. "Good luck selling a game where people "watch" and not kill anything."

Antwan's laughter stuck with Millie and me as we left his office. We silently walked to the elevator, not entirely sure what to do next.

"Well, that was useless," Millie scoffed. "A real confidence booster."

"There might be something. . . It probably won't work," I sighed.

"What are you thinking?"

"What if. . ." I hesitated.

"What if what?" Millie pushed.

"What if we took it above Antwan?"

"What do you mean?"

"Antwan doesn't own Soonami," I said slowly. "He's just the face of it. He has a boss."

"And you want to go above his head?" Millie scoffed. "You think that'll work?"

"It might," I shrugged.

"Who's above Antwan?"

"Her name is Y/F/N Y/L/N," I said, struggling to clear my throat.

"Do you know her?" She asked knowingly.

"I used to."

"Used to?"

"Y/N was my neighbor growing up," I explained.

"That's great!" Millie laughed. "If you guys grew up together then. . ."

"I didn't say we grew up together," I said under my breath.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She said slowly.

"We grew up as neighbors," I continued, "but I never really talked to her outside the neighborhood."

"Great," she scoffed. She looked over her shoulder and sighed, "But I guess we don't really have a choice."

* * * * *

"I'm sorry, you two," the receptionist sighed, "but Ms. Y/L/N is extremely busy. You can't get in without an appointment."

"Millie? Keys? What are you guys doing up here?"

We turned around to see Y/N walking out of the elevator.

"I thought you had a meeting with Antwan," she said as her assistant came running out of nowhere. He instantly started going through her checklist.

"Danny," she stopped him sweetly. "Didn't Antwan have a meeting with these two?"

"Umm," he said as he struggled on his iPad. "Yes!" He laughed relieved. His face dropped. He stepped closer and whispered something to her that Millie and I couldn't hear.

"That spoiled, overeager child," Y/N scoffed. "Call his assistant and set a meeting with him. Today."

"Yes, ma'am," Danny nodded as he started to head toward the elevator.

"And Danny?" She smiled at him as he hit the button at least five times. He turned toward her and even I could tell he was holding his breath.

I couldn't help but watch the exchange. I had no idea how much power little Y/F/N Y/L/N from across the street had and how scared people were of her. I looked at her and pictured the little girl I used to ride bikes with. A memory from when we were about six popped into my mind out of nowhere.