Jealousy Wars-Steve Harrington

Most girls would love having the King of Hawkins High and the Hot New Guy fighting over her.

To me, it was just obnoxious.

Billy Hargrove and Steve Harrington have been fighting ever since Billy moved to town and instantly put all of his focus on me. He saw Steve and me talking one day and made his move.

Well, he tried at least. Every move he made, I shot down. That didn't stop him.

"Come on, Y/N," he pouted. "Let me take you to dinner."

"I told you I had plans," I sighed.

"With Harrington?" He asked, his anger coming through.

I turned towards him and crossed my arms over my chest. "What if I had plans with Steve?" I taunted him.

My breath got caught in my throat when he took a step towards me, his glare making me feel small.

"I can show you a better time," he said softly.

"I was just kidding," I whispered. "Steve and I don't have plans."

"Then you're free to come to my place," he smirked, his anger instantly disappearing. "Or maybe my car."

"Billy," I stuttered.

"Come on, Y/N," he pushed as he stepped closer to me.

"I should go," I stuttered. I tried to step around him but he stepped in front of me.

"I promise I can show you a good time," he whispered.

"It's really not. . ."

"Better than Harrington," he finished through his teeth.

"Please," I whispered.

"Everything okay over here?"

I let out a sigh of relief as Steve walked over to us. I subconsciously took a step toward Steve.

"We're fine," Billy said through his teeth.

"I wasn't talking to you," Steve said to Billy but was looking at me. "Y/N, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said not at all convincingly.

"Look, Harrington," Billy scoffed, "Y/N and I were in the middle of something."

"Yeah well, now I'm interrupting," Steve instantly shot back.

"It's not your place," Billy said between his teeth.

"It is when she looks uncomfortable talking to you," Steve said as he took a step toward him.

"Steve," I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him back. "Will you take me home? My mom had to borrow my car."

"Of course," he said, still glaring at Billy.

As I dragged him away from Billy, I could feel his anger radiating off of him. We walked to his car in silence. With our hands still intertwined, he unlocked his car and opened my door for me.

"Steve," I whispered. "You're still holding my hand."

"Oh," he said under his breath. "Sorry."

He cleared his throat, finally letting go of my hand. I got into his car and watched as he walked around and got into the driver's side. We were quiet as he drove me home.

"Thanks for interfering," I said softly. "I don't know why he's so obsessed with me. Ever since he moved here, he hasn't left me alone. What's his problem?"

"He's trying to steal you," Steve mumbled.

"Steal me?" I scoffed. "From what?"

"Me."