*Wanting More-Joe Keery

Warnings: protected sex, teasing, language

"Look what the cat dragged in."

I leaned against his dressing room doorway with a smirk on my face. He turned around, his perfect smile turning into a matching smirk. He quickly closed the gap between us, pulling me into his chest. He didn't wait to lean down and press his lips to mine. Our lips instantly started moving in sync, things slowly speeding up.

"Joe," I gasped, breaking the kiss. The second we broke apart, Joe started kissing my neck. I gasped when he pushed me up against the wall.

"As much as I want to keep going," I said shakily, "we can't."

"Baby," he pouted against my jaw. "We haven't seen each other in months."

"I know," I moaned. "But we're gonna get caught."

Joe sighed as he finally pulled his lips away from my skin. He pouted but kept me pushed up against the wall.

"I know sneaking around is kinda hot," he said breathlessly, "but it sucks that we can't do what we want when we want."

"We don't have to hide anymore," I said slowly.

The look in his eyes dropped. We've had this conversation a few times, but it's always ended the same: Joe dancing around the subject and refusing to give me a definite answer.

Joe and I met a year ago at his first interview with Jimmy Fallon. I was just an intern at the time. All I did was get coffee. I was walking backstage, with a cup of hot coffee, when I ran into Joe.

Well, technically he ran into me. The coffee ended up spilling down my shirt and burning my hand. Joe helped me clean up and asked if he could buy me a drink to make up for it. We ended up drinking too much and sleeping together. I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. He didn't even leave a note.

I saw him a few months later at a Netflix event Jimmy was invited to. I was with him because I had recently been promoted to his personal assistant. I went from getting coffee to telling the other interns to get it.

During the Netflix event, I was walking back from the bathroom and Joe pulled me into the coat closet. He instantly started kissing me and instead of pulling away, I gave in. Things went a lot farther in the coat closet than they should have.

That became our routine: randomly running into each other and hooking up. Every couple of times I would ask him why we haven't gone on a date or become inclusive. And every time, he avoided the question by saying that we were having fun the way things were.

And at first, that was true. But the longer this "relationship" went on, the more I realized I wanted more. As much as I loved the hooking up part, I wanted the relationship part too. Going on dates, talking on the phone, texting, flirting. I wanted all of it.

As I stared at the facial expression I was all too familiar with, I realized that Joe didn't want the same thing I wanted.

I gently pushed him off of me and straightened out my shirt. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Y/N," he started but I cut him off.

"Your interview starts in fifteen minutes, Mr. Keery."

* * * * *

I couldn't watch the interview. Instead, I went to my office and finalized next week's interview schedule. My distraction worked because I jumped when someone knocked on my door. I took a calming breath as they opened the door.

"Sorry to bother you, Ms. Y/N," one of our interns hesitated.

"No problem," I shrugged. "What do you need, Allison?"