Demogorgon Killing Weather-Steve Harrington

Steve's POV

As I drove to Dustin's house, I couldn't help but wonder if this was a trick.

"Wait a sec," I sighed. "How big?"

"First he was like that," Dustin said holding out his thumb and middle finger. He raised his hands, spread them apart, and said, "Then he's like this."

"I swear, man, it's just some lizard, okay?" I said.

"It's not a lizard," Dustin said, his anger building.

"How do you know?"

"How do I know it's not?"

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" I asked again.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat."

I tried to wrap my head around that, but it got weirder the longer I thought about it. I cleared my throat and turned onto his street. We didn't say anything as I parked my car and we got out.

We walked over to my trunk. After I opened it, I tossed my keys to Dustin. I reached in and grabbed the baseball bat of nails I fought the Demogorgon with. I closed my trunk and followed him around to his backyard.

We stopped in front of the doors to their cellar. I shined my flashlight on the lock and waited.

"I don't hear shit," I sighed.

"He's in there," Dustin tried to reassure.

I glanced at him before tapping the bat on the chain to make a noise. When there still wasn't anything, I hit the bat harder against the door. I sighed before turning towards Dustin and shining my flashlight in his face.

"All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not," he said instantly.

"All right?" I challenged.

"It's not a prank," he tried to reassure. He squinted his eyes and added, "Get it out of my face."

"You got a key for this thing?"

* * * * *

"Steve, what's going on down there?"

Dustin flinched when I appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"Get down here," I instructed.

When he got downstairs, I showed him the skin on the end of my bat. Before he said anything, I pointed at the hole in the wall.

"Oh shit," Dustin swore.

"Dustin, are you in the cellar?"

"Double shit," he mumbled.

"Is that. . ."

"My sister," he answered before I could ask. "I'm in trouble."

"Dustin?"

We looked up to see Y/N, Dustin's older sister, standing at the top of the stairs.

"What the hell are you doing in the cellar?" She asked as she walked down the stairs. She stopped when she saw Dustin wasn't alone.

"Let me change my question," she sighed. "What the hell are you doing in the cellar with Steve Harrington?"

"I can explain," Dustin stuttered. He opened and closed his mouth, struggling to think of a good enough excuse.

"Okay," Y/N sighed. My stomach dropped when she turned her accusing look away from her brother and focused on me. "How about you, Harrington? Can you give me an explanation as to why the King of Hawkins High is in my cellar with my little brother?"