Only For You-Steve Harrington

Steve walked into his house, not bothered by it being empty. He was used to it. The only person he actually wanted to see was at her own after-school job. He kicked off his shoes and sat on the couch. He barely let out a breath when his front door was roughly opened.

"Steve! I need your help!" Dustin yelled as he ran into the room.

"Nothing you say is going to make me get up," Steve grumbled as he draped his arm over his face.

"Oh really?" Dustin teased.

"Really," Steve said, copying his tone. He scoffed when he heard Dustin clearing his throat for dramatic effect.

"Y/N's in trouble."

"Son of a bitch!"

* * * * *

"Explain to me again what these things are that could be eating Y/N?"

"Do you remember Dart?"

"You mean that creepy alien slug that you found?"

"Yeah," Dustin laughed, "him. Well, it started with him eating my cat. . ."

"What?"

". . . and then he escaped. I asked Y/N for help and. . ."

"Wait, why did you ask Y/N and not me?" Steve asked.

"No offense but she kind of handles all of this better than you," Dustin said, glancing at him.

"I'm not offended," Steve scoffed. He lowered his voice as he added, "I'm too busy struggling to ignore the fact that you willingly put Y/N in danger."

"She's a badass," Dustin laughed. "I'm sure she's fine."

"You were just telling me how these creatures use a hive mind," Steve said, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "And how Y/N went to be live bait to get them away from the gate.

"Yeah," he shrugged, "but I also said that Y/N's a total badass. Isn't that why you fell in love with her?"

"What?" Steve scoffed. "I'm not. . . I don't know why you would think. . . That's crazy. . . Why would I. . ."

"If you're done stuttering like an idiot," Dustin laughed, "I could tell you to shut up. We all know you are crushing on Y/N. Hard."

"That's. . ."

"In fact, the only person who doesn't know about your never-ending love for Y/N is Y/N," Dustin cut him off. "Seriously, dude. When are you going to grow a pair and ask her out?"

"I can't," Steve snapped. "Y/N and I are. . . We're just friends, okay? Nothing more."

"Bullshit."

"It's not bullshit," Steve defended. "She's been my best friend since we were like seven. I can't ruin that."

"Who says you're going to ruin it?" Dustin said, the previous teasing gone from his voice. "You could actually make it better."

"That's if," he sighed, "and it's a big if, she feels the same way about me. Which she doesn't."

"How do you know?"

"Because she's too good for me," he answered harshly. "I've known it since I knew. . ."

"Since you knew what?" Dustin asked, the teasing coming back.

"Since I knew how I felt about her," Steve said under his breath. He glanced over and instantly glared when he saw the way Dustin was staring at him.

"Shut up," he scoffed, turning back to the road.

"For the record," Dustin said, "I think you should tell Y/N how you feel. You'd both be a lot happier if you finally told her what she meant to you."