The Girl Who Was Stuck Part 2-Steve Harrington

Reader's POV

When we got back to the real world, Steve insisted that I go to the hospital. From there, the doctors and nurses took care of me. I'm not sure what Steve and the others were doing. During all the tests and questions, I constantly thought about the people who saved my life.

I looked up when I heard someone choke back a sob. My eyes filled with tears as I saw my parents walking into my hospital room.

"Mom," I said, my voice breaking. "Dad."

They ran over, wrapping their arms tightly around me. They never left my side the entire time I was in the hospital. Everyone asked me questions and I gave them the answers that Steve and the others helped me prepare.

"Morning, Y/N."

I looked up to see the new Chief Powell walking into the room. "How are you feeling?" He asked as Callahan followed behind him.

"I'm okay," I stuttered.

"Do you think you're up to answering a few questions for us?"

I glanced over at my parents who gently encouraged me to continue. I looked back down at my fingers, playing with them as I nodded.

"So just start from the beginning," he nodded and took out a pocket-sized notebook.

"Well," I started shakily, "I guess it was three years ago?"

"That's right," my mother excitedly encouraged.

"I was walking home from school and. . . a white van pulled up," I started reciting the fake story Steve helped me with. "I was grabbed and they covered my mouth with this rag. The next thing I knew, I woke up in a room. There wasn't much to it: no windows, no decorations. Everything was white. There was a small bed. Nothing else."

"Was there anyone else there?" Powell gently pushed.

"Not for a while," I shrugged. "I'm not sure how long it was though."

"That's alright," Powell nodded. "What happened when they finally did come into the room?"

"They. . . They gave me this weird shot," I said, my voice breaking. "I fell back asleep."

"Just get to the part where something actually happened," Callahan sighed.

"Callahan," Powell scolded. "Take it easy, alright? She's been gone for three years. Give her some time."

He sent Officer Callahan a glare before turning towards me and sending me a soft smile. "I'm sorry about that, Miss Y/N," he whispered. "Take your time, okay?"

I nodded, looking down at my hands. As I struggled to find my voice again, my father reached over and grabbed my hand. I looked up at him as he sat on the side of my bed.

"Y/N," he whispered, "we just want to help you, sweetheart."

"They kept running tests," I confessed. "They'd take blood, bone marrow. . . Other things. I don't even know what kind of tests they ran on me."

Dad squeezed my hand when I took a shaky breath. Mom moved her chair closer to my bed.

"But then. . ."

"Then what, kid?" Chief Powell whispered.

"He moved me."

"Who did?" My dad asked.

"Dr. Brenner."

"Isn't that the guy from Hawkins lab?" Callahan asked.

"That's him," I mumbled. "When you guys started investigating him, he panicked. He had some of his men move me."