*Naughty Dreams-Steve Harrington

Warnings: wet dreams, protected sex, fulfilling kink, language

Steve's POV

As the credits began to roll, I looked around my family room. The kids who weren't asleep were barely awake. I laughed and turned to Y/N to point it out but found she was asleep too. I carefully stood up and gently laid her down. I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and covered her with it.

I went around the room, gently waking the kids. They were groggy and confused.

"What's going on?" Dustin asked.

"I'm taking you home, idiot," I laughed. "Let's go."

When I finally got them in the car, I started to drive away. I had just dropped off Erica and Lucas. All that was left was Dustin.

"I know your secret," he said in an irritating tone.

"What?" I deadpanned.

"You and Y/N sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G," he sang loudly.

"Shut up," I scoffed, pushing his head to the side. "Nothing is going on between us."

"Exactly," Dustin laughed. "And it's driving you crazy."

"What are you. . ."

"You wish something was going on between you guys," he cut me off. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, my latest dream coming back to me.

He sighed when saw me roll my shoulders. He took it a different way. Which was fine. He's only a teenager. He doesn't need to hear about my wet dreams about my best friend.

"Look," he sighed, "you and Y/N have been inseparable ever since I met you guys. I'd have to be completely naive not to notice what's going on between the two of you."

"Don't be an idiot," I said, clearing my throat. The last thing I needed was to get my hopes up that Y/N and I could be anything more than best friends.

"I'm not," he instantly defended himself. "I've seen it. We all have."

"Seen what?" I couldn't help but ask.

"You and Y/N have this. . . connection."

"We're friends," I stuttered.

"Come on," he snorted. "Just friends?"

"I mean. . ."

"Just tell me the truth," he sighed. "Do you have feelings for Y/N or do you have feelings for Y/N?"

I glanced over at him and sighed. "Yes," I said under my breath. "Alright? Happy now? I don't just have feelings for her. I'm in love with her. Every day I think about how she should be with me. How I could protect her. How I could take care of her. How I would spend every day of my life making sure she was happy."

"Then why don't you tell her?" He asked, leaning his head against the headrest.

"Because. . ." I stuttered. I sighed as I pulled in front of Dustin's house. "What if she doesn't feel the same way?"

"She does."

I snapped my head toward him. "What are you talking about?"

He turned toward me and smirked. "You really didn't know," he laughed. "Welcome to sixth grade, Steve. Best friends fall in love all the time. Especially girl-boy friendships."

"Can you stop being an ass for just one second?" I sighed. "I'm trying to be serious. How do you know that Y/N feels the same way about me?"

"It's the way she looks at you," he said finally not acting like an asshole. "It's the way she runs to you. It's the way she depends on you. It's the way she falls asleep on your shoulder."