Touchy Subject-Joe Keery

Requested by loveforjoeandlizzie

When I was thirteen, my mother died from cancer. There are three times a year when it really hits me; her birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day. This weekend was Mother's Day.

Usually this weekend, I avoid social media and going outside. But a few months ago, after I got the role of Robin, I started hanging out with the cast. The more I hung out with them, the closer I got. Soon, the Stranger Things cast became a Stranger Things Family.

Which made this weekend even harder.

"You're still in for tomorrow night?" Joe asked as I walked into the hair and makeup trailer.

"What's tomorrow night?" I asked, my stomach doing a flip.

"We're taking Winona out to dinner for Mother's Day. We're doing it Saturday instead of Sunday," he explained as he studied me.

"Oh," I said under my breath. I cleared my throat before adding, "I forgot about that. Let me check my schedule."

"Big plans with your mom?"

That simple question made my whole body freeze. I slowly finished taking my hair out of the quick ponytail I threw it in this morning. Luckily, our hair lady walked in and saved me from having to come up with an excuse.

"You ready, cutie?" She asked.

"Always," I said, clearing my throat. I sat in the chair next to Joe and nervously wiped my hands on my jeans. Joe watched me in the mirror as Claire did my hair. He eventually cleared his throat and stood up to leave.

"I'll see you out there," he said as he left the trailer. I let out a sigh of relief as I relaxed into the chair once he was gone. My mind tried to come up with an excuse or a story I could tell my costars.

I just wanted this weekend to be over.

* * * * *

I walked into my trailer and got out of my costume. I grabbed my things and started to leave work. I planned to spend the weekend drinking and trying to erase any emotion or feeling I have.

As soon as I got home, I started drinking. I passed out a little after one in the morning. I didn't wake up until noon. When I did, I barely moved. I stayed in bed and binge-watched an entire random show. And, of course, I kept drinking.

Around 8 o'cock that night, I was completely wasted. I drunkenly left my bathroom and collapsed onto my bed. I groaned when the second I lay down, someone knocked.

I slowly sat up and barely made it to the front door. I giggled when I fell against it.

"One second," I called out. I pushed off the door, trying to get my feet on the ground.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

"Who's there?" I gasped.

"Ummm it's Joe," someone said slowly.

"Joe who?"

"Joe Keery," he sighed, "Open the door, Y/N. Please?"

I reached for the door handle, but every time I turned it, it didn't move. I pouted as I tried to open it again.

"Y/N?" Joe called out again. "Everything okay?"

"I can't open it," I whined.

"Is it unlocked?"

"I don't know," I slurred. I gasped when the door slowly opened. I giggled as Joe came through the door.

"You got it!" I drunkenly cheered.