Speak Now-Joe Keery

I woke up with a horrible knot in my stomach. I sat up, the knot weighing me down. When I thought about what was happening in a few hours, that weight in my chest got heavier.

This was not how I should be feeling on my wedding day.

My mom and sisters came into the room, squealing so loud I'm pretty sure every dog in a hundred-yard radius heard them. They yanked me out of bed and started getting me ready. I could hear them talking with excitement as I showered. They continue to buzz about as they did my hair. They were so excited their hands almost couldn't stop shaking as they did my makeup.

"You look amazing!" My mom squealed as I walked out of the bathroom in my wedding dress.

"You feeling okay?" My older sister asked.

"I'm just. . . I think I'm just a little. . . I haven't had anything to eat today. Can you guys go get me some food?"

"Of course!" My mother gasped. "We'll be right back."

I let out a sigh of relief as they left. The second the door closed, I ran into the other room and grabbed my phone. My hands were shaking as I pressed on his contact.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready?" He teased as soon as he answered.

"I need to talk to you," I barely got out between holding back my sob.

"Is everything okay?" Joe asked gently.

"Please?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"I'm on my way."

* * * * *

"Y/N?" A soft voice came from the other side of the door. "Is everything okay? You sounded pretty freaked out over the phone. Shouldn't you be getting ready to marry the love of your life?"

"That's the thing," I mumbled. "I don't know if that's true."

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked, his tone slowly changing. He knocked on the door before saying, "Let me in, Y/N. Please? You're making me nervous."

I shakily stood up and walked over to the door. The second I opened the door, Joe pulled me into his chest.

"What's going on, Y/N?" He whispered. "You're not having second. . ."

"What?" I asked when he suddenly stopped talking as he pulled out of our hug. I bit the inside of my cheek as he slowly looked me up and down.

"Wow," he whispered. "You look amazing, Y/N. I mean. . . You look absolutely beautiful. You're always beautiful but. . . Wow. . ."

"George keeps saying he doesn't like puffy dresses," I mumbled, looking down and playing with the tulle. "But I've always wanted a big princess gown."

Joe reached forward and gently lifted my chin. "I think it looks beautiful on you," he whispered. "Besides, it's your wedding day. You can wear whatever the hell you want to wear today. I think you made the right choice with this dress. You look like a princess."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"So," Joe said, clearing his throat as he finally let go of my chin, "You called and said you needed to talk to me. Right away. . . What is it?"

"I don't think I can do this," I whispered, my breath getting caught in my throat.

"What are you. . ." He seemed to answer his question before he even asked it. "Oh, Y/N. What you're feeling are just wedding jitters. It's completely normal."

"No!" I yelled, turning away from him. I was about to run my fingers through my hair but stopped when I remembered how much hairspray my mom put in it this morning.