My Brother's Keeper-Steve Harrington

I looked over, my heart skipping a beat when I saw Steve reach up and mess with Dustin's hat. It probably should've made me nervous that Steve "the Hair" Harrington was spending so much time with my brother. A month ago, I would've been but now that my brother practically worships the guy, I've gotten to know Steve through Dustin.

Yes, Dustin is super biased but after hearing the advice Steve's given him, it's hard not to smile when you hear Dustin talk about Steve.

I know Steve at school. Well, I know of Steve. He never noticed me until he started spending time with Dustin. Even after, he doesn't pay much attention to me at school. I went from being completely invisible to receiving an occasional glance from him. That's it.

"Alright," Steve said, clapping his hands. "I say we start there."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked. I picked at my nails, a clear sign that I was hesitant.

"Steve's smart," Dustin shrugged. "Besides, we know it ran into the woods. So we go from there."

"Just be careful," I stuttered, wrapping my arms tightly around myself. Dustin smiled as he walked over and wrapped me in a hug.

"We'll be okay, Y/N," he said. "Promise."

I wrapped my arms tightly around myself the second Dustin let me go and walked away. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to stop the blush from forming.

"He'll be fine."

I looked up to see Steve staring at me. "I promise, Y/N. I'll take care of him."

I took a shaky breath and tightened my arms around myself, gathering the courage.

"Take care of yourself too."

* * * * *

Dustin's POV

"Alright," Steve sighed. "Let me get this straight - you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who, who you just met?"

"Alright, that's grossly over-simplifying things."

"Why would a girl like some nasty slug-thing anyway?"

"An interdementional slug?" I laughed. "Cause it's awesome!"

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I just. . . I don't know. I feel like you're trying way too hard."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?"

"It's not about the hair, man," Steve sighed. "The key with girls is just. . . just acting like you don't care."

"Even if you do?" I asked.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts."

"Then what?"

"You just wait until uh. . . until you feel it," he said, sounding a little off.

"Feel what?"

"It's like it's before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh. . ." I looked over at him when he hesitated. "Electricity, you know?"

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere. . ."

"No, no, no, no, no," Steve cut me off. "Like a. . . Like a sexual electricity."

"Oh," I said under my breath.

"You feel that and then you make your move."

"So that's when you kiss her?"