Crazy Plan-Keys

After Keys and Millie defeated Antwan and showed the world their build inside Free City, Millie built her code into Free Life. Keys helped her get things started but he chose not to continue with her. Instead, he's been searching for a job.

For the life of me, I could never understand why Keys was willing to walk away from Millie and Free Life. I couldn't understand why he would turn his back on everything they worked for over the last year and a half.

I jumped when two hands were delicately placed on my shoulders. I looked over my shoulder as Keys smiled down at me. I closed my eyes, holding back a moan as he started rubbing my shoulders.

"When was the last time you moved away from your desk?" He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"I ate lunch around noon," I mumbled. "I think."

"Baby," he sighed. Keys leaned down and kissed my neck. I bit my lip as he kissed up my neck and to my jawline.

"How did the interview go?" I asked, my breath shaky from what Keys was doing.

"It went," he said between kisses, "amazing."

"Really?" I asked. I turned in my chair, forcing him to pull his lips away from my neck.

Keys has been on at least fifteen interviews in the last month. Right now, in the video game industry, Keys and Millie are the talk of the video game world. It wasn't hard for him to get an interview. Any company would sell their stock if it meant he'd work for them.

But even with all the interviews he's gone on, not once has he come home from them feeling good about it. Each time, he's returned with little to no feeling. Every time, he's said that it wasn't the right fit. So, him finally coming home with a positive reaction to an interview felt different.

"This company was amazing," Keys laughed as he sat next to me. "They are the complete opposite of Soonami. And their game, it's pretty awesome. I mean, obviously, it needs some tweaking that I can help with, but it's awesome, Y/N. I wouldn't start as a coder. I'd start as a partner. Which means I'd have creative control over the entire game and could make any changes I wanted. I wouldn't even need to get anyone's approval. I could just do it."

"That sounds amazing, baby," I chuckled. Keys eyes slowly dropped and I knew what was going on. "This job sounds perfect for you but there's something that isn't perfect."

"The company is in Seattle," he sighed.

"Oh."

"Yeah." He looked up at me as if he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"If it feels right then you should go," I said, clearing my throat. I stood up and headed into the kitchen. I slowly started getting stuff together for dinner.

"Y/N," Keys sighed as he followed me into the kitchen. He grabbed my waist and turned me around. "Baby, let's talk about this."

"What's there to talk about?" I asked, avoiding his eyes. "It sounds like a dream job. You can't turn it down."

Keys reached up and gently grabbed my chin, making me look at him. When my eyes finally met his, his hand moved to my jaw and he cupped my face. The idea of him leaving and us being apart, or worse, made me look away.

I ignored his eyes as I stepped out of his hold and back to the stove. I grabbed a pan and brought it over to the sink. I was about to start filling it with water when I felt Keys walk up behind me.

"I can't leave you either," he said from behind me.

"We could try long distance," I mumbled.

He walked over, took the wooden spoon out of my hand, and put it on the counter. "You hate long distance," he whispered.

Before I met Keys, I was dating a guy named Justin. We were high school sweethearts and ended up going to different colleges. We tried to do long-distance, but I ended it a month after our first semester started. A month after Justin slept with his roommate's sister and continued to sleep with her. The worst part is I didn't find out until we saw each other at Christmas. He wasn't the one to tell me. His roommate was.

"You're not like Justin," I said, my eyes softening. "You'd never do that to me."

"You're right," he said, pulling me closer to his chest.

"And I'd never be the one to hold you back," I added. I stepped out of his arms and started walking back into the other room. Keys was right behind me.

"Y/N," Keys tried to start but I cut him off.

"When do you leave?"

"You could come with me."

His suggestion made me freeze. I slowly turned around, my heart in my throat.

"Do you. . . Do you think we're ready for that?" I stuttered as I slowly sat on the couch armrest. "We've been together for over a year but. . ."

"It would be great," he chuckled, his excitement building. He walked over and sat next to me, slightly below me as he sat on the cushion while I remained on the armrest. "You already work from home. We could figure out all the logistics as we go. Or we could have everything planned out if that's what you prefer."

"Keys," I stuttered.

"I know this is crazy," he laughed as he put his hands on my knees. He quickly grabbed my hands. "Packing up everything and moving to Seattle with me is crazy. I can't pretend I don't know that. What I also know is that it could be great. We could have a good life, Y/N," he whispered. "And I promise to give you exactly the life you deserve. I promise we'll be happy."

I leaned down and pressed my lips to his. As our lips started slowly moving in sync, Keys pulled me so I was straddling his lap. We relaxed into the couch, falling into our familiar rhythm.

"Keys," I gasped, breaking the heavy kiss and leaning my forehead against his. "We should probably figure out the logistics."

"The logistics?" Keys smirked as I leaned back, but didn't get off his lap.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "Where we are going to live. When we are going to leave. Things like that."

"I guess," he sighed teasingly. 

I continued to list of things we'd need to get done. "I need to figure out if I can still work for my company after I move. Some companies prefer you to be in the same state. If I can't still work, I'll need to find a job in Seattle."

Keys grabbed my chin and pulled me to him, pressing his lips to mine. I pouted as I broke the kiss.

"Hey," I whispered, "as much as I enjoy kissing you, these are things we need to figure out."

"Baby, I'll make enough," he slowly smirked at me. "You don't have to worry about finding a job right away. I can cover us until you do. Besides, isn't there something you'd rather go do right now than stress?"

"You mean make dinner?" I asked.

"Or," he elongated, "we could go celebrate."

"What do you want to do? Get dinner? We could go see that new movie that just came out last weekend. Or we could. . ."

I cut myself off when his smile slowly turned into a smirk. I could feel my face burning the longer he stared at me.

"Oh," I said under my breath. "We could do that."

Without saying anything else, Keys stood up with me still in his arms. He didn't break our eye contact as he carried me down the hall to my room. He slowly laid us down, instantly hovering over me.

"I know this plan is crazy," Keys sighed, "but I couldn't imagine going through it with anyone else."

He was about to lean down and kiss me, but I stopped him. "Just so you know," I whispered, "you're the only one I'd be willing to do anything crazy with."