Miracle Worker-Steve Harrington

It was a normal Thursday at the mall. People were shopping, buying things they didn't need.

"Hi, Erica," I sighed, knowingly. "What would you like to try today?"

"Let's try. . ."

"Remember," I said when she didn't continue, "I cut you off at five samples."

"How come that works for you, but never for me?" Steve asked as he walked to the counter.

"Because you, Steve Harrington, are a pushover," I chuckled.

"Am not," he scoffed.

"When it involves a child, you are," I said, sending him a knowing look. Steve rolled his eyes before going into the back and grabbing a few things we were out of.

I had just given Erica her fifth and last tester when the power suddenly shut off.

"You've got to be kidding me," I sighed. I glanced over at Steve but he put his hands up.

"I got this," he said cockily.

"Steve," I sighed. "Maybe we should call someone from maintenance."

"I can fix this," Steve shrugged.

"Look," I said, pointing at the rest of the food court, "the power is out in the entire mall. They'll fix it."

Steve sent me a look before walking over to the light switch. I rolled my eyes when he started randomly and quickly flipping it up and down multiple times.

"That's not going to work," I scoffed. Steve smirked when the lights turned back on.

"Let there be light."

"Wow," I sighed dramatically. "You're a miracle worker, Harrington."

* * * * *

I was walking out of the mall and to my car when I felt like I was being watched. I looked over and saw someone standing by the bike rack. I wrapped my arms around myself, tightly gripping my keys. I put my head down and walked a little faster.

I could hear footsteps following me so I picked up my pace. I was within 100 feet of my car when I was grabbed. I gasped when the person roughly grabbed my wrist and spun me towards him, pulling me into his chest.

"Hi, baby."

The smell of the alcohol on his breath made me gag. "Let's go have some fun."

Before I could react, the guy started pulling me to the side of the mall. I gasped in pain when he pushed me up against the building.

"Please. . ." I stuttered.

I screamed as he started kissing my neck. I tried to push him off me, but this just made him angry. He roughly grabbed my shoulders and threw me back against the wall, my head roughly hitting the wall behind me. I shivered and screamed as his hands roamed my body.

"Get off of me!" I yelled.

"I told you to shut up!"

"Hey!"

I looked over, relieved when I saw Steve running over. He instantly grabbed the man, roughly pulling him off of me. Steve moved so he was standing in front of me and reached behind himself. I quickly took his extended hand, stepping closer to him.

"Get away from her," Steve said in a tone I've never heard him use.

"Come on, man," the guy chuckled drunkenly. "We were just having fun."

"You were having fun," I mumbled. The guy glared at me so I instinctively tucked more behind Steve. His grip on my hand tightened.

"Walk away," Steve warned the creep.

"Look. . ."

"Walk away," Steve repeated, his voice darkening.

The guy shrugged before turning around and walking away. The second the guy walked away from us, I leaned my forehead against Steve's back and let out a sigh of relief. My face burned as I felt his back muscles slowly relax.

Steve waited until the guy was completely out of sight before turning toward me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he gently grabbed my arms.

"I'm fine," I stuttered.

"Are you sure?" When I didn't answer, he spoke up again. "Y/N, are you okay?"

Instead of answering, I tucked into his chest. If he was caught by surprise, he quickly recovered. He wrapped his arms around me, tightly holding me.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"Of course," he said instantly. "That's not something a guy can just walk away and let happen. Especially when it's happening to someone he cares about."

I looked up at him, our arms still wrapped around each other. We stared into each other's eyes, both overthinking what he just said. He opened and closed his mouth, struggling to think of what to say.

"It's true," I smiled, trying to lighten the tension.

"What is?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"You are a miracle worker."

I felt relieved as Steve laughed, the tension instantly lifting. "I don't think me stopping some creep is considered a miracle."

"It is to the person you saved from the creep."