Bathroom Confessions-Steve Harrington

Trigger Warning: Slight mention of attempted rape.

"These seats are too close!" I complained in a loud whisper.

"Dude, these seats blow!" Steve scoffed as he stuffed his face with popcorn. I reached over and grabbed a handful.

"Then don't watch the movie," Dustin sighed.

"We want to watch it," I shot back.

"Then watch it!"

"Shh!" Some guy behind us yelled. This led to the rest of us shushing him back.

"Whatever you do," Dustin said, softer this time, "don't. go. anywhere."

"Fine, Dad," Steve elongated. I giggled as I playfully punched Steve's arm. Dustin didn't think it was funny. He rolled his eyes and walked away. Steve and I calmed down and tried to watch the movie.

"I'm lost," I whispered. "What's happening?"

"I have no idea," Steve said, stuffing more popcorn into his mouth.

Ugh, Steve's mouth.

I wanted his mouth on my mouth. So badly. But, sadly, he'd never put his mouth on my mouth. He doesn't feel the same way about me as I feel about him.

I've been in love with my best friend since seventh grade after he stood up for me when Molly, Grace, and Louisa were bullying me during PE. I fell for him even more when he showed up on my doorstep after my date to the eighth-grade dance stood me up.

Sure, once we got to high school he started to pull away. He eventually came back. During sophomore year, I was staying after school to help tutor some kids.

One day, I was waiting for my mom to pick me up after a session and one of our football players tried to force himself on me. He dragged me to his car, threw me in the backseat, and tried to take advantage of me.

Steve was walking out of basketball practice and heard me screaming for help. He instantly started running toward the car. He pulled the football player off me and his anger took over. I had to pull Steve off of him before he went too far.

~•~

"Steve! Stop!" I screamed as I scrambled out of the car. My legs were shaky and I fell to my knees. Me gasping in pain made Steve stop. He got off of the football player and ran to me.

"Are you alright?" He asked gently.

I smiled when he hesitated to touch me. Instead, I tucked into his chest. He instantly wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I should've left the locker room sooner. I should've. . . I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I whispered back. I leaned out of our embrace and looked up at him. "Besides, you got him off of me. You saved me, Steve."

He shrugged, trying to act as if it wasn't a big deal. We both knew it was.

"Can I ask for one more favor?"

"Anything," Steve said instantly. He cleared his throat, trying to recover. "What is it?"

"Will you take me home?"

~•~

After that day, things changed. Steve went back to being the Steve I knew and fell in love with. He started rushing out of practice so he would be waiting on me to get out of my tutoring sessions. Once we were both done, he could give me a ride home.