Dacre's Sister-Joe Keery

Dacre's POV

I smiled as I read Y/N's message. After high school, my little sister went to cosmetology school. Through my connections, I was able to get her a job on a Netflix show. It wasn't Stranger Things, but her show filmed close by. Today was her first day at work and I promised I'd take her to lunch.

"Hey, Andy?" I called out to a security guard as he walked by.

"What's up?"

"My sister is on her way in," I explained. "Can you make sure she finds me?"

"Of course," he smiled.

I headed back to my trailer and grabbed my keys and wallet. As I left my trailer, I heard a familiar squeal. The second I looked up, I saw Y/N across the lot. I laughed as she started running towards me.

She jumped into my arms, making me almost fall down. The only reason we didn't was because I used that momentum to spin us around. I slowly put her down with her still giggling.

"Hello to you too," I teased.

"I can't believe I'm here!" She squealed. Her smile slightly faltered, the look on her face turning more serious. "Thank you, D. I wouldn't be here without you."

"Sure you would," I shrugged. "You're talented, Y/N. You would've been just fine on your own."

"Either way," she chuckled, "I'm glad I had your help."

I wrapped my arm around her waist and started to lead her off set. "I'm hungry," I sighed. "Let's go eat."

I laughed as she suddenly jumped on my back. She squealed as I started spinning.

"Dacre!" She yelled through her laughs.

"Dacre, what are you doing?"

I stopped spinning to see Joe walking over. I glanced over my shoulder at Y/N before gently putting her back on her feet.

"Joe, this is my sister, Y/N," I introduced my sister. "Y/N, this is Joe Keery."

"Nice to meet you," Y/N smiled as she held out her hand. I smiled at her automatic politeness.

"Nice to meet you as well," Joe nodded and took her hand. I held back my smirk when Joe cleared his throat and finally let go of my sister's hand.

"Y/N got a job as a makeup artist for the new Shadow and Bones series," I couldn't help but brag. I laughed when Y/N glared at me.

"That's awesome," Joe chuckled. "Congrats."

"Thanks," Y/N said, her face turning pink. I held back a smirk as I got an idea.

"Y/N and I were just going out to lunch to celebrate her first day at work," I said, glancing at Y/N before looking back at Joe. "Would you like to come with us?"

* * * * *

During lunch, it started with me and Y/N talking. It soon shifted to Y/N and Joe. I didn't mind. Knowing Y/N's history with guys, it was better that I knew the guy before she met him.

I sat back and listened to them talk about things they had in common. Most brothers would be bothered that their friend was so clearly flirting with their younger sister. But I wasn't. Y/N's dating history hasn't always been the greatest. She usually ends up with someone who doesn't treat her right. Joe would treat her right.

Y/N looked down at her watch and sighed. She looked back up at me with a shy smile on her face.

"I should probably be getting back."

"We should be too," I chuckled.

Joe and Y/N continued to talk and flirt as we made our way back to set. We walked Y/N back to her set and said goodbye. I pulled her into my chest and hugged her tightly.

"I'm proud of you," I whispered.

"Thank you," she chuckled. I slowly let her go, but not before kissing her forehead. I gave a small nod toward Joe, instantly causing Y/N to blush.

"It was nice to meet you, Joe," she said, her cheeks turning pink.

"It was really nice to meet you too, Y/N," Joe smiled at my sister. "Congrats on the new job."

"Thanks," Y/N giggled as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She glanced at me, quickly dropping her hand.

"I'll see you guys around."

Y/N gave me a quick hug before turning around and heading back to her set. I looked over and smirked when I saw the look in Joe's eyes as he watched my sister leave.

I glanced back over at Y/N right as she looked over her shoulder and smiled. I instantly realized that she wasn't smiling at me. She was smiling at Joe.

* * * * *

A few days later, I walked onto set and ran into Joe in the makeup trailer.

"Hey, man," I greeted.

"Morning," he nodded. I sat in a chair next to him and started scrolling through my phone as I waited for them to start helping me get ready.

"So," Joe hesitated after a few minutes, "how's umm how's Y/N? I mean, how's she doing with her new job?"

"She's doing good," I smirked. "It took her a couple of days to get the hang of things, but now that she has it down, she's flourishing."

"That's great," Joe chuckled. He looked over at me, his face burning when he saw the smirk I wasn't bothering to hide. He cleared his throat, getting ready to leave.

"You have a crush on my sister," I laughed.

"What?" Joe scoffed. "That's. . . No. Why would I. . . I mean she's great but. . . She's your sister."

"Joe," I cut him off with a laugh. "It's alright." I smirked before adding, "You should ask her out."

"Really?" Joe stuttered. "You'd be okay with me taking her on a date?"

"Of course," I shrugged.

"Wait, seriously?"

"I may be a protective big brother," I laughed, "especially when it comes to the guys my sister dates. But lucky for her and me, you're a cool guy, Joe. And I know you'd treat her right."

"I would," he mumbled.

"Besides," I sighed, "if you didn't, I'd kick your ass."

"Understood."