Protective To A Fault-Steve Harrington

"In order to get into the school and look at the files, we're going to need to get the keys to Ms. Kelley's office."

"How are we supposed to do that?" Steve sighed.

"She already wants to talk to me," Max mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Dustin asked gently.

"Ms. Kelley has been calling me into her office," Max confessed, "a lot. If I go to her house, she might let me in."

"I don't know about this," Steve hesitated. "Are you sure you're okay with this? I mean, is it safe?"

"The school therapist isn't going to hurt me, Steve," Max laughed harshly.

"It's worth a shot," Dustin shrugged.

"Fine," Steve sighed. "Let's try it."

They started following Steve to his car, but I hesitated. My mind was racing as I tried to work through all of this. I felt like we were missing something.

What made Henry Creel the way he was? What happened to Victor Creel? And what happened the night his family was killed?

"Y/N, you coming?"

I looked up to see Steve watching me. Something on my face must have made him nervous because he took a careful step toward me.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice lower.

"I was thinking," I started slowly, "we don't know much about the night that Victor Creel allegedly killed his family."

"So?" Steve shrugged.

"So," I sighed, "I think in order for us to beat Vecna and save Max, we need to find out what happened that night."

"Okay," he said, clearing his throat. "We'll stop by the library after we go to the school."

"We don't have time to do each thing, one after the other," I sighed, looking away.

"Y/N. . ." Steve tried to stop me.

"It's true," I cut him off. "We need a different plan. You take the kids to Ms. Kelley's to get the files. I'll go to the library and meet you at the school when I'm done."

"Are you out of your mind?" He asked. "Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose? No. It's too dangerous. You need someone."

"I do not need someone," I argued. "I'm a big girl, Steve. I can take care of myself."

"No."

"No?" I scoffed. "I can't take care of myself?"

"You know that's not what I meant," he said, the harshness in his voice building.

"Then what did you mean?" I snapped, matching his tone. "We don't have time for this, Steve. You guys need to go get the records. But we also might find something in the old Hawkins records. Just let me go. I'll be fine."

"No," he said again. "You're not going alone. I'm going with you."

"You need to drive the kids," I sighed.

"Robin can drive them," he said instantly.

"Umm," Robin hesitated. "No, Robin can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" Steve sighed as he turned toward her.

"I don't have a license," she said like it should've been obvious.

"Why don't you have a license?"

"I'm poor," she answered instantly.