Overprotective Little Brother-Steve Harrington

Dustin's POV

When my sister and Steve first started dating, I was skeptical. I wanted my sister to be happy, but I knew Steve's reputation at school. I didn't want Steve to hurt her. She finally had the courage to open her heart to someone. The last thing that I wanted was for him to break it.

They've been together for almost three months now. Steve works at Scoops Ahoy and Y/N works at a boutique across the food court. After they started working at the mall, they decided to start having lunch together every day. They first started dating after one day when Steve missed their lunch break and asked to make it up to her by taking her to dinner.

Before he asked her out, Steve came by and asked me if it was okay. As awesome as I thought he was, I was a little nervous when he started to show interest in Y/N. After a long conversation of him promising not to hurt my sister, I gave him my permission.

When Y/N came home from their first date, she was glowing. She couldn't stop smiling as she told me all about their date. She kept saying how much she really liked him and couldn't believe that he liked her too.

"Hey, Y/N," I called out when I walked into the house. "I'm home! Were you still planning on hanging out with Steve tonight? If not, you could come and hang out with us."

I looked around the house, confused when Y/N hadn't said anything. "Y/N?" I tried again as I started walking down the hallway to her room. "You home? Or did Steve take a detour on your way home from work again?"

I knocked on her bedroom door before opening it. What I saw made my heart jump into my stomach and my anger immediately turn towards my sister's stupid boyfriend. Y/N was sitting on the edge of her bed with tears streaming down her face. I ran over to her and sat next to her.

"What's wrong, Y/N?"

"Steve," she said through her tears.

"What did he do?" I asked, ready to ride my bike to his house and punch him in the face.

"He kissed Nancy last night."

"What?!" I yelled as I jumped up. "When? Why? How? WHAT?!"

"He went to that party that I didn't want to go to," she explained as she slowly stopped crying. "I guess she was drinking and. . . she kissed him."

"Oh, Y/N," I sighed as I sat back down. "I'm sorry."

"I don't know what to do," she said shakily as the tears started falling again. "Do I forgive him? Do I let it go? Do I break up with him?"

When she asked that last question, her voice got caught in her throat. I wrapped my arms around her as she started to cry.

"Has he apologized?" I asked, trying to sound positive.

"He tried to," she stuttered. "I think. I don't really know. . . He told me about the kiss and said it meant nothing but. . . I left."

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," I sighed.

Y/N and I spent the rest of the night eating dinner and watching cartoons. When she fell asleep on the couch with her hair messy and tear stains on her face, the anger I'd been pushing down returned.

"I am going to kill you, Harrington."

* * * * *

The next morning, I was just about to jump on my bike when I saw the source of my anger's car parked in front of our house. I rolled my eyes when he got out of the car with a bouquet of roses.

"Listen, I've been thinking. . ."

I scoffed when I overheard Steve rehearsing what he was going to say to Y/N.