Enemies To Lovers Twist-Joe Keery

"And. . . Action!"

I looked up when the bell above the door rang. I sighed as Joe and Maya walked in.

"Hi, Robin," I greeted. I cleared my throat before adding, "And Steve. Are you guys looking for a movie?"

"Nope," Maya smiled.

"Actually, we're looking for a job," Joe recited his line.

"You can't be serious," I laughed. I cleared my throat when Maya shook her head. "You are serious. . ."

"Come on, Y/C/N," Maya sighed. "I know you guys are short-handed."

"We are," I said, glancing at Joe before looking back at Maya. "But I don't think you two are a good fit."

"Can't you at least. . ."

"Steve," Maya said, cutting him off. "Why don't you give us a second?"

"Why?"

"Just go," she said, as she pushed him. He put his hands up in defense before walking off camera. She turned back towards me with an over-exaggerated innocent smile on her face.

"Y/C/N," she said in a sweet tone. "Help a girl out."

"Look, Robin, I think you're great," I sighed. "But Steve. . ."

I looked over at him, sighing when he knocked down a life-size poster. I glanced back at Maya, my expression causing her to laugh.

"I know," she chuckled. "Believe me, I know how big of an asshole he was in high school."

"Hey!" We heard Joe call out from behind the fake stack of movies.

"Anyway!" Maya yelled to shut him up. She cleared her throat before turning back towards me with her signature smile on her face. As we continued our dialogue, Joe slowly started walking over to his mark next to Maya.

"I promise I will control Steve," Maya reassured.

"I don't need. . ."

Joe stopped talking when Maya lifted her hand, flipping him off.

"He will be on his best behavior," she sighed. "Please, Y/C/N. Help us out."

I sighed before holding my hand out. Maya took the paper that was supposed to be a resumé out of Joe's hand and put it and hers in my hand.

"I'll see what I can do," I said as monotone as I could get my voice to go.

"We owe you," Maya smiled excitedly. I glanced over at Joe before rolling my eyes and turning my attention back to Maya.

"Hell yeah, you do."

"Cut!" Matt laughed. "That was great, you guys. We will see you tomorrow for Y/N's and Joe's scene."

I glanced over at Joe, quickly looking away when he looked at me and smiled. I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded, before walking to my trailer.

* * * * *

"Action."

I walked across the set, carrying a box of fake movies. I placed it on the shelf and grabbed a clipboard. I didn't look up when the door opened.

"Hey," Joe said his line.

"You're supposed to be manning the cash register, Steve," I sighed.

"Robin's covering for me," he shrugged.

"Of course, she is," I mumbled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Joe chuckled. I looked over my shoulder at him, giving him an 'are-you-kidding-me' look.