Secret Admirer-Joe Keery

"What are your plans, Y/N?"

February starts tomorrow and it is officially my least favorite month. The hearts. The cupids. The flowers. The love. It's stupid.

"Nothing," I scoffed.

"Really?" Charlie asked. "You've got nothing planned for Valentine's day?"

"Nope," I half-laughed. "Don't have anyone to spend it with."

"We could have a girls' night," Natalia offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I sighed. "I'm just going to order Chinese and binge watch a crime show. It's a Y/N Valentine's Day Tradition."

"What about that one guy you were seeing?" Maya asked.

"Oh yeah," I scoffed. "I didn't tell you guys. Evan and I broke up. Well, I dumped his ass after he cheated on me. With three other women."

"Oh, honey," Natalia sighed.

"I'm sorry, girly," Maya said.

"He's an ass," Joe grumbled.

I just scoffed as I started walking to my trailer.

"I'm better off without him."

* * * * *

I looked at the clock on my phone and sighed. I took out my ponytail and ran my fingers through my hair. I started to walk to the costume trailer to get ready.

I opened my door and stopped when I saw something on the front step. I leaned down and picked it up. It was a small valentine; one that you'd expect elementary school kids to exchange. It was silly, but it still made me smile.

The next few days, small Valentine's Day gifts were being left on the steps to my trailer. Every day I found a present, my smile got bigger and more sincere. I tried not to get my hopes up or think too much about this, but I couldn't help it.

"So, Y/N," Maya said in a teasing tone at lunch on the thirteenth. "Any hint at who your secret admirer is?"

"You're what?" Charlie asked, teasingly wiggling his eyebrows.

I cleared my throat before explaining, "The last couple of days, someone's been leaving little Valentine's Day presents in my trailer."

"That's sweet," Charlie laughed, sending a side glance to Joe.

I looked at Joe and noticed him avoiding me. I tried to shake it off, but something bothered me about his reaction. I cleared my throat and rolled my eyes as the girls continued to gush about my secret admirer.

"Do you think it's one of the crew members?"

"It could be someone from a different show. We film next to at least three other Netflix shows."

"I wonder who it is."

"Y/N, do you have any idea who would be leaving you these presents?" Charlie asked, turning the attention back to me.

"No idea," I said with a small chuckle.

"Aren't you at least a little curious?" Natalia giggled.

"Of course," I shrugged. "But why all the secrecy?"

"Maybe the guy doesn't have the guts it takes to actually ask you out, so he took the cowardly way out," Charlie laughed.

"This isn't cowardly," I instantly defended my secret admirer. "It's sweet."

* * * * *

When we all got to work, our trailers were decorated with little hearts and notes. Everyone was wearing either red or pink. As I walked through set, I tried not to get too excited wondering what my secret admirer would do now that it was officially Valentine's Day.

I tried to keep my mind off of my secret admirer as I got ready to shoot today's scenes. When I was finally ready, I started to head to set. I opened my trailer door and smiled when I saw Joe leaning down, placing flowers on the top step of my trailer.

"It was you."

His head snapped up and he quickly stood up. I smiled as he ran his fingers through his hair and started stuttering.

"It's not. . . I was just. . . The thing is. . ."

I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him towards me. Before he could say anything, I pressed my lips to his. He let out a surprised gasp but he eventually recovered. I smiled as he finally started kissing me back.

I broke the kiss and leaned back to say something, but Joe grabbed my face and pulled me back. I laughed as we started roughly moving our lips in sync and walked back into my trailer. After knocking over quite a few things, we collapsed onto my couch.

"Joe," I broke the kiss, breathing heavily.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "I got a little carried away."

"A little," I chuckled. I cleared my throat as we fixed ourselves, sitting up straighter.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," he said, grabbing my hand and turning towards me.

"You've been the one leaving Valentine's Day presents for me since the first," I started. "Why go through all that trouble?"

"Because I liked you," he said instantly. He let out a small, embarrassed chuckle before adding, "And I didn't know how to tell you."

I smiled as I scooted closer to him. "Let me get this straight: instead of telling me how you feel, you went through the trouble of buying fourteen gifts? That's crazy, Joe."

He leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled as I instantly started kissing him back. He pulled me over so I was straddling his hips. We kissed for a little while longer before finally needing air. When we broke the kiss, I leaned back but didn't get off his lap.

"I know you hate Valentine's Day," he sighed, "but any chance I can take you on a date tonight?"

"I'd like that," I smiled. Joe leaned up to kiss me again but there was a knock at my trailer door.

"Just a second," I called out. I looked back at Joe, a small blush forming. He reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I cleared my throat as I crawled off of his lap. The second I opened the door, everyone came rushing in.

"So?"

"What did he bring you?"

"Did he finally tell you who he is?"

"What happens next?"

"Who is it?"

I glanced over at Charlie smirking at Joe. "Hey," he cut off the excited others. "Why don't we head to set? We can bother her about this Secret Admirer later."

I watched, completely confused, as Charlie sent a knowing look towards Joe before ushering everyone else out. When the door closed, I turned around and smiled when Joe reached up and scratched the back of his neck.

"Charlie knew," I said more like a statement than a question.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "He did."

"Was the whole Secret Admirer thing your idea or his?"

"He told me to man up and tell you," Joe sighed. "I decided to take the cowardly way out instead of. . ."

I cut him off and pulled him into my chest. I pressed my lips to his and he instantly started kissing me back. We smiled into the kiss as things slowly started getting heavy again.

We finally broke the kiss when we fell back onto my couch, Joe hovering over me.

"We still on for dinner tonight?" He asked, breathing heavily as he recovered from the kiss.

"Of course."