Kiss A Stranger-Joe Keery

I walked into the party, smirking as I looked around the nicely decorated hotel ballroom. Netflix was throwing a big New Year's party for all of their employees. To be honest, I was a little hesitant to come tonight. My show is fairly new to Netflix and it's not getting the kind of views they were hoping for.

I moved through the crowd, towards the refreshment table. I grabbed a glass of champagne and slowly took a sip. I gasped when someone bumped into me.

"I am so sorry."

As he apologized, he looked me up and down. I didn't bother holding back my smirk as I responded.

"You're lucky."

"Oh yeah?" He asked, matching my teasing. "And how so?"

"This is a very expensive dress," I said, trying to sound teasingly angry. "You're lucky you didn't spill that tall glass of champagne on me."

"You're right," he chuckled. "I would've felt horrible. I would've had no choice but to make it up to you."

"A part of me would've liked to see how you did that."

"You still can," he offered. I smirked when I got an idea. I took a step toward him and slowly looked him up and down.

"Maybe next time."

I turned on my heel and walked away. Of course I recognized the guy. He was Joe Keery, a.k.a. Steve Harrington. His show is what led Netflix to start writing and producing more shows.

Everyone in this room knows who the Stranger Things cast is. But it was too much fun acting like I didn't. He was getting. . . Cocky. And it was too much fun messing with him.

I spent the rest of the night talking to my castmates. Throughout the night, I continually found Joe watching me. Whenever I looked at him, he was already looking at me.

I looked over Matt's shoulder, hiding my smirk behind my glass of champagne when I saw Joe watching us.

"Something tells me you haven't told your actors I'm joining the family."

"What makes you say that?" Matt laughed.

"I had a lovely conversation with your dear Steve Harrington," I said, glancing at Joe before back to Matt. "I got the vibe that he didn't know who I was."

"Well," Matt sighed, "we went back and forth with Steve's story. We wanted his new love interest to be a surprise for the actors and the fans."

"Pretty sneaky," I laughed.

About an hour into the party, Joe finally walked back over.

"Hello, again."

"Hey," he smirked. "Are you enjoying your night?"

"I am," I nodded. "You?"

"Yes, I am," he agreed. I sighed, slightly surprised he was so bad at flirting.

"Did you need something, Harrington?"

I bit back my smirk when he looked at me surprised. "You know. . ."

"Yes," I laughed, "I know who you are. I'd have to live under a rock to not know the King of Hawkins High with great hair."

Joe's face turned pink as he reached up and ran his fingers through his hair. He cleared his throat, quickly pulling his hand out of his hair and shoving it in his pocket.

"Then I'm at a disadvantage," he chuckled. "You know me, but I don't know you."

"Let's keep it that way."

I started to walk away but he gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me back toward him.

"I am not letting you get away," he said softly. "Not again."