Her Voice-Steve Harrington

Steve woke up to someone reciting different mathematical formulas. He looked around, completely and utterly confused. He continued to listen to the voice as they memorized those formulas that seemed a little familiar to Steve.

He got ready for the day, the voice not stopping. Whoever it was whose voice he was hearing, was clearly nervous about a calculus test she had today. Steve wished he could say something to help calm her down. As he drove to school, he listened to her go through her study guide.

It was clear to Steve that she was going to pass the test. He couldn't help but smile as he listened to her continue to mumble her formulas. Once he got to school, he ignored his friends and focused on listening to her voice.

"Hey."

Steve jumped when the locker next to his was kicked. He looked over to see Carol and Tommy smirking at him.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Us?" Carol giggled. "What about you?"

"You were just having an intense staring contest with your locker," Tommy scoffed.

"I was just. . ." Steve said, clearing his throat. "I started. . ."

"Let me guess," Carol said in a sing-songy voice, "you started hearing Her Voice."

"Ohhhhhhhh," Tommy laughed. "Can she hear your voice yet?"

"I don't know," Steve shrugged as he shoved things into his locker. He lowered his voice as he added, "I haven't tried yet."

Tommy just scoffed as he hit Steve's shoulder and walked away. Carol was about to follow him but stopped.

"Hey," she said, the tone of her voice changing. "I know this is all scary and overwhelming, but it's not meant to be bad. Once you start hearing their voice, it's up to you if you want to reach out. And once you do, you won't regret it."

"You sound like you come from experience."

He meant it as a joke but he stopped laughing when he saw the look on her face. "You've reached out to yours?" Steve asked. He glanced over at Tommy before looking back at Carol. "And it isn't Tommy?"

"Before you give me the protective-best-friend act," she sighed, "relax. It's not like I've done anything or cheated on Tommy."

"I believe you," Steve shrugged. To be honest, he didn't really care about Carol's and Tommy's relationship. It's always been more. . . sexual than anything else.

"Besides, sometimes it's nice having someone to talk to about real things," Carol added before finally leaving to go catch up with Tommy. Steve thought about what she said as he slowly closed his locker. He leaned against it and debated. He took a shaky breath as he decided to just go for it.

Good luck on your test, he thought.

He was walking to class, his heart practically in his throat. It officially made the jump when he heard a small chuckle.

Thanks, her voice came through softly.

* * * * *

Steve froze when he heard his soulmate's voice again. This time, it sounded different. It sounded nearby. He looked around, searching for the source of the voice in his head. He stopped, his heart jumping into his throat when his eyes finally landed on her.

He recognized her as Y/N. She and Steve have grown up together. Not as friends. Not even really as acquaintances. They've been in several classes together every year growing up. He knew of her, but he didn't really know her.