The Keery Siblings-Joe Keery

Requested by charlewinchester

Being Joe Keery's little sister should've been a lot of pressure but it wasn't. Whenever people tried to compare us to each other, Joe told me to just laugh it off. I had a few little roles on small tv shows until Joe got me a role on Stranger Things.

During the audition, the director found out that I was Joe's sister and he loved it. The part I was auditioning for was Steve's little sister. They thought it was perfect.

I walked into the makeup trailer, smiling when I saw Joe. "Hey, kid," he said as he looked at me. I laughed when Maria grabbed his head, making him face back toward the mirror.

"How you feeling?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Okay," I shrugged.

"Y/N/N," Joe said knowingly. "It's okay to be a little nervous. It's your first scene."

"I've done scenes before," I said shakily. Joe reached his hand out and wiggled his fingers. I smiled as I grabbed it and moved so he could look at me without moving his head.

"You're an amazing actress, Y/N," he said gently. "And I'm not just saying that because you're my baby sister. I've watched everything you've been in. You've got this."

"Thanks," I whispered. I teasingly kissed his forehead before running away, avoiding Maria's playful swat.

My character, Y/C/N, lives with their aunt. She was sent away because of Steve. Their parents didn't want him "corrupting her". In the first episode of the season, Y/C/N returns to Hawkins. At first, Steve is hostile toward her. With everything that happens with the Russians, he starts to slowly change his attitude toward her.

After getting ready, I was about to head to set. I left my trailer to see Joe waiting for me. He grabbed my hand and led me to set.

"The Keery Siblings!" Ross yelled as she ran over to us. I laughed when he picked me up and spun me around.

"Ross!" His brother, Matt, scolded. "Let the poor girl go. She's got a scene to shoot."

Matt rolled his eyes as Ross finally put me down. I had just enough time to see Matt sending Joe an apologetic look.

"You ready, Ms. Y/N?"

"As I'll ever be," I shrugged.

"Hey," Matt said gently. "You're gonna do great. You should be worried about your brother."

"Why me?" Joe laughed.

"Because this first scene, you have to be a horrible big brother," Ross chuckled.

"Which you are not in real life," I jumped in. Joe pulled me into his chest and kissed my temple.

"Damn right," he whispered.

"We're ready when you guys are," a PA said.

"Let's do it," Ross said, clapping his hands.

As they finished getting everything ready, I nervously played with the shirt I was wearing.

"I'm sorry."

I looked over my shoulder to see Joe standing slightly behind me.

"What for?" I chuckled.

"For what I have to say to you," he sighed.

"Joe," I chuckled. "It's just a scene. Steve is a shitty brother. Joe is not."

"You two ready?" Matt called out.

"Yes, sir," Joe chuckled. He kissed my temple before heading to his spot.