She Has A Boyfriend Part 2-Keys

Recap
Keys has a gigantic crush on the reader. Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend. A few weeks later, Keys notices her acting strange. When he asks her what's wrong, she tells him that her boyfriend has been cheating on her. Keys finally admits his feelings for her. The two decide to wait and let Y/N take some time before jumping into something new.

~•~

After Mark and I broke up and Keys told me how he felt, I took some time off work. I needed to wrap my head around everything. When I got back, something new was keeping everyone's attention.

Blue Shirt Guy.

Everyone was obsessed with the gamer who hacked an NPC. No one knew who he was and from what I hear, he's untraceable. My job is to prove who he is. As soon as I got to work, I was tasked with trying to trace Blue Shirt Guy to a gamer.

I dove deep into the code of the game and came up empty. At lunch, my back was aching from being hunched over. I sat up and stretched as far as I could. I stood up, my breath getting caught in my throat when I saw him.

He looked up, freezing when he saw me. When we made eye contact, we both smiled. I glanced over at the breakroom, then back to him. He nodded, knowing exactly what I was saying.

We turned around and started walking towards the breakroom. He walked through one door while I walked through the other. We quickly closed the gap between us. The second we wrapped each other in our arms, Keys leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

I instantly started kissing him back. We tightened our arms around each other as we deepened the kiss. We broke apart when neither one of us could breathe.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hey," he chuckled. "When did you get back?"

"This morning," I said, still trying to catch my breath. "I would've come to see you, but Antwan immediately had me start working on figuring out who Blue Shirt Guy really is."

"Want some help with that?" Keys offered.

"I'd love some," I smiled, my face burning. "Think Mouser would be okay handling user complaints on his own?"

"Even if he wasn't," Keys whispered, "I wouldn't care."

* * * * *

Keys and I spent the rest of the day looking into the code of the game and Blue Shirt Guy. So far, we haven't been able to find any clue as to who he is.

"There has to be something about this guy," Keys sighed as he sat back in his chair, running his fingers through his hair.

"There is," I said. "I can't put my finger on it but he seems. . . Odd."

"Odd?"

"He's naive," I explained. "We can both agree on that. He's been advancing faster than any other player. I looked into why and it's because the things that he does are against other players, not NPCs."

"So?" Keys shrugged.

"So, it's taking it a step further," I clarified. "The game was programmed for players to interact and beat the NPCs. He's manipulating and confusing the game."

"That's for sure," he mumbled. "So, what do we do?"

"I don't know," I said honestly. "If this is a player, they've hidden their tracks really well."

"If?" Keys asked.

"It's just," I stuttered. "I don't know. Whoever this guy is, he's good."

"Well," Keys said with a small chuckle, "we're better."