Untitled Part 3

Xiao Hua carried the washbasin out of the kitchen and almost ran headlong into Bi Yuan who was standing outside the door.

Bi Yuan was 17 years old with a shapely face, large eyes, luscious lips, fair skin and a curvaceous figure. Her expression was slightly unnatural, having most likely overheard the conversation.

She glanced at Xiao Hua and merely said, "I didn't see you when I awoke so I came to wash up."

Xiao Hua's expression remained neutral, and she did not point out how hard it would be for Bi Yuan to wash up while the room's only washbasin was in her hands. She quietly said, "I just finished washing and was about to get big sis some water."

After speaking, she left with Bi Yuan towards their room.

Xiao Hua was only 14 this year. She was unlike the other girls who were all well developed at 14. Apart from her height and her porcelain features, she could easily pass for a child with her skinny arms and legs, immature figure and budding breasts that could only be seen upon closer examination.

The bowl of water in her hands seemed perpetually at risk of spilling, or causing her skinny arms to snap.

Seeing this, Bi Yuan was reminded of the conversation she overheard. She found the sight of her struggling with the weight a little hard to bear, and took the basin from her hands.

"I'll go wash up, go back first and tidy up a bit."

"Yes."

Back in her room, Xiao Hua combed her hair back into a double bun, and rearranged the edges of her sleeves and skirt. Without adding any frills or jewelry, she sat on her bed waiting for Bi Yuan to return.

When Bi Yuan returned, she sat in front of the makeup box as she applied a layer of makeup, lined her eyebrows and applied some rouge on her lips. Only then did she look at Xiao Hua, who remained seated with her head lowered.

"Stand up, let me take a look."

Xiao Hua lowered her eyes and stood for Bi Yuan's inspection.

She wore the standard pale green maid outfit that was only given to the senior maids in the Jinyang Estate. Her palm-sized face contained eyes that were bright and large with a hint of charm. Her slender body exuded an impression of respect and timidity.

Apart from her beautiful pair of eyes, she was still a child.

Bi Yuan let out a sigh of relief in her heart.

When the young master suddenly elevated the yard sweeper girl to fill the open senior maid position, rumors spread that Xiao Hua only caught his eye by purposefully putting herself in his path and showing herself off. Bi Yuan had found it hard to swallow when the young master arranged for Xiao Hua to be placed in her room and requested that she watch over her. She had made up her mind to thoroughly discipline this unruly lass.

As it turned out, she was just a 14 year old, undeveloped child. She was respectful, dressed conservatively, and despite being at the age when girls liked to show off their beauty, she not so much as used a flower to embroider her hair, let alone put on makeup. After observing her for a couple days, Bi Yuan realized that this lass was one that didn't stir up trouble and knew her place. Only then did she offer to show her the ropes.

Her promotion was probably due to her fresh appearance and charming eyes.

Having served the young master from a young age, Bi Yuan was aware that he had no lascivious tendencies. He merely enjoyed beauty in its various forms, and his personal maids all exemplified it in one way or another. Even the sweeper girls in his yard needed to look decent.