Untitled Part 133

"What did you say?"

An emperor's fury leads to a field of corpses.

This was Imperial Physician Zhou's first time seeing Emperor Xi so severely furious. However, he could only close his eyes, grit his teeth and continue his performance.

"Ever since that time, this servant has been full of regret and unable to sleep soundly. You majesty's generosity has always been in my mind. Therefore, this servant won't make the same mistake this time. Even if my entire family gets killed off, I won't cower back."

"Good, very good....." Emperor Xi rubbed the blue and while little porcelain bottle on the desk, his face neutral, his expression hard to interpret but extremely gloomy. "We remember that your entire family had already died, and the funeral was even arranged by Zheng Hai Quan. How are they being used to threaten you again?"

Hearing this, Zheng Hai Quan who had been standing there this entire time immediately knelt and said while kowtowing, "This old servant went to see those bodies, and although they were burnt beyond recognition, they were indeed a man and woman, as well as an old one and a young one. This old servant doesn't know anything else."

Imperial Physician Zhou's expression was gloomy, his tears and snot had long since covered his face.

"This servant also doesn't understand how it happened, but the people they showed this servant this time truly were this servant's family...."

"Humph, what crafty people. Even We were fooled by them....."

The muttered words from above caused Zheng Hai Quan and Imperial Physician Zhou below to sprawl on the floor silently, not daring to speak.

"This thing was also given to you by them?"

Imperial Physician Zhou glanced at the porcelain bottle and lowered his head once more, "Yes."

"What did they tell you to do, to use this thing to harm Us?"

"This—-"

"Tell me whatever they said. We will not ask for your head."

Imperial Physician Zhou hesitated over and over before deciding to speak: "This servant scolded the Jing Duke for his disgraceful behavior. Perhaps in an attempt to convince this servant, the Jing Duke said a few things....he said, he said that your majesty was old and confused, unable to recognize the suspiciousness of the Jin Prince's actions as he continuously pressures the crown prince. In order to avoid issues from arising, he said they might as well get it over with sooner, sooner rather than later....he also said that they weren't the only ones with such thoughts. He said once the Jin Prince obtains the crown prince's position, the Jin Prince would do the exact same thing, and in fact, would be much quicker about it....he also said the Jin Prince was extremely shameless. For the sake of the throne, he continuously framed the crown prince and used your majesty's favor as a gambling chip. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had to resort to this scheme...."

There was a spell of silence above. It was so silent that panic arose in their hearts.

Suddenly, Emperor Xi loudly laughed a few times.

"What marvelous justification. His explanation works quite well. Coming up with a righteous reason for his disgraceful behavior.....great, hahaha, what great sons We have...."

The sound of footsteps faded into the inner hall. Imperial Physician Zhou remained flat on the floor, not daring to raise his head. Only when Zheng Hai Quan got up and followed did he realize his majesty had left.

Without anyone telling him to rise, he didn't dare to get up. He could only remain kneeling on the cold and hard floor, waiting for his fate.

Imperial Physician Zhou didn't know how long he knelt there. His mind was a mess and he almost couldn't hold on any longer when he heard the sound of footsteps.