Untitled Part 173

After the Yun Prince and his consort left the capital, Xiao Hua truly became idle.

Apart from spending time with the three children every day, there wasn't much else to do.

With the start of the year, Zhuo'er started his education. The Jing Emperor arranged the official institution within the eastern palace and set up the crown prince's three tutors and three vice-tutors. The crown prince's imperial teacher, imperial master and imperial guard guided him on virtues and ethics while carefully protecting him. The vice-teacher, vice-master and vice-guard observed how the crown prince took to these teachings.

The Zhanshi Estate which was responsible for guiding the crown prince in daily matters had yet to be established. This was because the crown prince was still young and had just started his education.

Regarding the three tutors and vice-tutors, the Jing Emperor had been rather meticulous in choosing them. He didn't follow the precedent of choosing only old officials of outstanding reputation and virtue, but rather chose a mix of people. There were old reputable officials, but also officials from the commoner faction. It was clear the Jing Emperor put quite some emphasis on the crown prince's education.

Therefore, Zhuo'er became a little schoolboy who had to take classes from his instructors every day.

He had to get up early for his lessons. He came back during lunch time, and had to return afterwards until late afternoon. A few days of this made Xiao Hua's heart ache. Such a small child already had so much homework every day, and had to practice his writing after getting back.

Yi Yi on the other hand was extremely jealous of her brother taking lessons and learning to write. She bothered Xiao Hua about tagging along. Xiao Hua wasn't able to make the decision on this matter since the instructors weren't ordinary teachers. They were either great scholars or officials, so she told Yi Yi to go ask the Jing Emperor.

Yi Yi went to pester the Jing Emperor. He didn't say anything, and merely nodded in agreement.

Therefore, Yi Yi got up early the next day, left behind Whitey who was running around her legs, and went to class with her brother.

The first day was very novel. Yi Yi came back and told Xiao Hua how long the imperial master's beard was, and said he would always stroke it and looked very strange.

The next day she could still endure.

The third day she grew a little impatient, but when Zhuo'er said a few faintly mocking words she immediately stopped complaining.

After a few more days, Yi Yi couldn't endure any longer and made a fuss about not going anymore.

Xiao Hua said the same thing. Your father was the one who agreed, so he must agree once again for you to stop going.

Yi Yi went to pester the Jing Emperor again.

The Jing Emperor was very calm, and didn't say anything. Only when Yi Yi used her ultimate move of wiping away tears did he relent. His stipulation was that she could temporarily be let off, but still had to start learning two years later.

Yi Yi was still young and didn't understand how long two years was. In her mind, not having to learn at the moment meant she was free, so she smiled and nodded.

When he returned that night, Xiao Hua laughed at the Jing Emperor, "I had hoped majesty would be able to resist. Who would have thought you would also give in."

The Jing Emperor didn't feel that letting his daughter off was something embarrassing, "We only have this one daughter. Girls don't have to learn too much, might as well let her be happy."