Untitled Part 96

Xiao Hua realized the Jing Prince's mood wasn't good these days.

The Jing Prince's emotions were always very veiled, and Xiao Hua only realized it after a few days.

She could tell that it wasn't directed towards her, but she also didn't know what he was upset about. Of course it wasn't the serious sort of bad mood, but more of a sulky depression.

Thinking of Eunuch Fu whom she rarely saw these days, and thinking of the Jing Prince who appeared to be taking root within the western pavilion, Xiao Hua seemed have some understanding.

It was said that his highness was raised by Eunuch Fu.

Although she understood, it wasn't convenient for Xiao Hua to say anything. After all, this matter also involved her to some extent. While she was touched and felt sweet in her heart, she also felt a little restless.

His highness was even willing to be at odds with Eunuch Fu for her sake.

She knew the relationship between the two.

This result came as a shock to her. To say she wasn't happy would be a lie. Xiao Hua was never a very benevolent person. She wouldn't provoke anyone, but if someone was jumping about on top of her, she wouldn't just let it happen.

As for Eunuch Fu, this person, she wasn't able to like him. She did have a few complaints about him, but to call it complaints also seemed a little too much. After all, her current good relationship with the Jing Prince was due to her efforts, but also admittedly due to Eunuch Fu in the beginning.

When she first came to the western pavilion, Xiao Hua knew that being able to get Ding Xiang as a helper was also due to Eunuch Fu's arrangement.

As for why he arranged those people into the Hall of Splendor, Xiao Hua also understood. From her perspective it was indeed hard to view it in a good light, but from Eunuch Fu's perspective he hadn't done anything wrong. After all, as time went by she was able to tell what he was hoping for all along. The reason he propped her up was also for this purpose.

Although she understood, she still couldn't accept it emotionally. Xiao Hua could only cast it aside, no longer thinking or caring about it. She just needed to make sure her own days were well spent.

On this day, the Jing Prince's clothes were completed.

The pale bluish white innerwear with flowing clouds embroidered on the cuffs and collar. It looked simple yet stylish. Only after Xiao Hua pulled the Jing Prince over to try it on and seeing that the measurements fit perfectly did she feel relieved.

After trying it on, Xiao Hua wanted him to take it off. She planned on giving it a wash before having him wear it the next day. However, the Jing Prince ignored her and randomly pulled a robe over it before minding his own business and heading into the eastern side room.

This rare behavior of his made Xiao Hua's eyes turn into slits from smiling.

"Since highness thinks it's acceptable, this servant concubine will make a couple more for you." Xiao Hua said after sitting down next to the Jing Prince.

"Approved."

Xiao Hua leaned against the Jing Prince's legs and stuck to his side, chatting idly with him.

The Jing Prince's taciturn personality was hard to change, but whenever Xiao Hua spoke to him, he would now reply at least once for every two of her sentences. Although his words were still few, it was better than not saying anything at all. At least Xiao Hua had noticed some changes.

Xiao Hua was still clear how much this taciturn man had changed for her. Every time she thought of this, she couldn't help but feel extremely moved.

Xiao Hua snuggled over and rubbed her face on the Jing Prince's leg before straightening up and acting nonchalant. The Jing Prince gave her a glance, his eyes flashing, and stroked her hair.