Untitled Part 167

The rumors were updated once again.

Previously, these rumors had spread everywhere but since they were vague and ambiguous, not many people believed them. Now, the "major household" in the rumors had been revealed, inevitably making people believe it.

The major household in question was the Jinyang Marquis's Estate. The person who sold her off was the Jinyang madam Tian-Shi, and the ones who was sold off were the young Ruan Siyi's personal senior maids.

Ruan Siyi had neglected his wife and spoiled his mistresses back then. He would fraternize with several maids the entire day, and ended up causing his wife to attempt suicide out of humiliation. For the sake of placating the wife's anger, the Jinyang Madam had sold the few culprits out of the capital. The current prime senior concubine was one of them.

Everyone was in an uproar. Even that frivolous second son Ruan Siyi was once again in the limelight.

Many versions of "the senior concubine and the young master of the marquis's estate's story" started circulating. Even the commoners in the capital heard about it.

The prime senior concubine was an obstacle for many people, and they all secretly helped pass the word along. Everyone prepared to watch the show as they helped spread the rumors. They kept an eye on the palace for signs of movement while laughing at the Jinyang Estate for having gone insane for the sake of wealth and status.

No matter how this matter was resolved, no matter if the prime senior concubine fell, the Jinyang Estate was finished. The Jing Emperor would definitely not let them off.

Within the Jinyang Estate, the Jinyang Marquis was in the middle of raging.

Without his knowledge, his wife had caused such a major situation. It was no wonder the Jinyang Marquis was furious. He wasn't just angry, he wished to tear Tian-Shi to shreds at this moment.

"This marquis thought you were good, thought you were intelligent. Would an intelligent person do something so stupid?! Are you trying to get the whole estate to accompany you in death?"

"Lord marquis...."

The entire main pavilion was scarily quiet. The maids and matrons had all been sent out by the Jinyang Marquis.

Tian-Shi was on the floor, her dismal expression no longer containing her usual grace. There was a very large handprint on her pale face. That print was already turning purple, and clearly showed how forceful the marquis's blow was.

"Tell this marquis what you were thinking. Are you a pig? How could our estate get involved in such an affair? Others were busy playing dumb but you actually dared charge straight ahead."

"I didn't charge..." Tian-Shi finally started crying bitterly. It wasn't just the pain of her husband hitting her, but also because she wasn't able to suppress the terror in her heart. "It was the Chengyang Count's Estate and Virtuous Concubine Qiao. They tricked me....."

"They tricked you? If you didn't put yourself out there, would they have been able to trick you? No one in the palace is simple. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence would have stayed far away instead of rushing forward, but only you did the exact opposite."

"No, no.....it was for the sake of our family...."

The Jinyang Marquis sneered, "Why don't you just say it was for the sake of your maternal family...."

Ruan Siming and Ruan Siyi received the news and barged inside. Seeing the situation in the room, they were both shocked.

"Father—-"

Ruan Siyi ran over and helped Tian-Shi up. Tian-Shi fell into her son's arms and cried heavily.

"Dad, what matter can't be discussed properly? Why did you have to hit mom?!"