Untitled Part 40

Imperial Physician Hu's medical skills were extremely good, and Xiao Hua soon woke up.

When she woke up, she found that Chun Cao had appeared before her once more, and from her she found out the reason she was repeatedly feverish.

To think it was actually poison.

The concept of poison was extremely foreign to Xiao Hua. Even when she was slipped infertility medicine in her previous life, the doctor had said it wasn't any high end scheme but merely an abundance of things with cold essence such as safflowers, causing her to be infertile.

The person who poisoned her was unexpectedly Xiu Yun!

Xiao Hua simply couldn't imagine how Xiu Yun had such remarkable abilities. They had all entered the estate as low-ranked palace maids, yet she had been able to acquire fever causing poison from somewhere.

Xiao Hua couldn't figure out the twists and turns of the situation, and Chun Cao was only able to tell her bits and pieces.

Chun Cao knew Xiu Yun was the culprit only because Eunuch Fu had punished her, and had also driven the rest of the low palace maids out of the Hall of Splendor.

In other words, only Xiao Hua and Chun Cao were left in the palace maids' room.

Chun Cao told Xiao Hua that she would be taking up those low palace maids' duties in sweeping the courtyard of the Hall of Splendor in the future. Hearing this Xiao Hua was very happy, and could be at ease in recuperating. Chun Cao also told Xiao Hua that Doctor Hu's skills were very good. Her poisoning wasn't very serious, and as long as the right antidote was taken she would be recovered in a few days.

Xiao Hua didn't feel much regarding the expulsion of her roommates, and as for why Xiu Yun was so ruthless and poisoned her, she guessed that it was due to jealousy.

What she couldn't understand was what Xiu Yun was so jealous about that she would make such a ruthless move. At most it was because she managed to remain in the hall. Also, where had she gotten such a mysterious poison? But thinking of Xiu Yun's strange "hometown acquaintance", Xiao Hua pretty much understood.

The truth of the situation was really as such. Although Xiu Yun had been all sorts of unbalanced and jealous of Xiao Hua in her heart, her abilities weren't profound enough to think of using poison.

Ru'er was the one who helped her think of it, and it was all for the sake of rectifying the aftermath of Xiu Yun's impulsiveness.

When Xiu Yun was kicked out of the hall, she had secretly gone to find her sister.

When Ru'er found out her sister had done something so impossibly stupid, she had given her a huge scolding. But what's done is done, and there wasn't anything she could do to change it. Luckily Eunuch Fu did not remove the people who were kicked out, giving them a trace of hope.

Ru'er had thought that since Xiao Hua was the only one remaining, if she got rid of her, perhaps her sister would be able to ascend again. After all, Xiu Yun had also managed to remain in the hall for a long time, and was only kicked out due to a momentary lapse of judgement.

The thoughts of ascending to the sky had already become Ru'er's heart demon. Since it wasn't possible for her, she would make sure her sister could do it. In order to let Xiu Yun catch this wave, she had invested a lot of money and effort. There was no way she would be resigned to failure.

She happened to have this type of poison in hand, and made Xiu Yun use it on Xiao Hua.

This poison was actually a type of medicine, and wasn't harmful to the body. It only raised the temperature and made the body weak. Even without a doctor, the victim would recover naturally within ten days or so.