Untitled Part 138

"Why are you here?"

Xiao Hua's expression was shocked and incredulous.

The western pavilion, her pavilion, her house. Someone was actually in it, and this someone was openly sitting in her favorite spot under the window. This person wasn't just anyone.

It was someone who should have vanished over two years ago.

Xiao Hua would never forget this person in her life. The pair of peach blossom eyes and that familiar face.

It was that young girl called Qian Xi.

Oh, no, she couldn't be called a young girl anymore. Having not seen her in two years, Qian Xi had already become a rather beautiful woman. Her hair was brushed in an elegant style and the ornaments on her head glistened. She wore a light, pale grey skirt jacket and appeared exceptionally alluring.

Xiao Hua snapped out of it very quickly and asked Eunuch Fu who was on the side, "Why is she here?"

Eunuch Fu saw the Madam Hua who shouldn't have appeared at this time, and complained bitterly in his heart. He gave the Jing Prince a glance and also didn't know what to do.

This glance pierced Xiao Hua. She turned and looked at the Jing Prince in disbelief. She then looked at that Qian Xi who was wearing her clothes and adorned in her jewelry.

"You didn't want to bring us back. Was it because of her?"

"No, listen to me...."

"This is why you wouldn't bring me back?" The slender white-jade finger pointed at the equally shocked Qian Xi. Xiao Hua looked at the Jing Prince's eyes and said: "This is the exceptional circumstance you were talking about?!"

Following these words which were spoken one at a time, Xiao Hua's expression also chilled. The tears suspended in her eyes also froze.

"Actually you could have just explained it, no need to find excuses. This servant concubine has always been very understanding of propriety."

She truly, truly didn't expect that the reason he didn't want to bring her back was this. She had thought of the Jing Consort, thought of many things, but had never thought of this person!

She was clearly a stranger, someone who should have vanished without a trace long ago. Why did she suddenly appear in her pavilion, in front of her...

Eunuch Fu should have sent this person away two years ago, but she ended up appearing at this time....

How long had he kept her hidden?

"You've kept her hidden for over two years? Or were you not hiding her, but instead—-hiding me?"

"I—–"

"This is the reason for all this?" Xiao Hua pointed to her surroundings as she spoke, "and also why the children have to remain secret?"

The Jing Prince stood there without speaking, his expression slowly becoming withdrawn.

"Luo Jing, you've made me feel so estranged, you've made me feel so shameless! I should have been tactful, I shouldn't have forced you to bring us back. If you had explained, I wouldn't have pestered you over and over to bring us back...."

"If you want to think of it this way, that's also fine."

After he spoke, the Jing Prince's expression took on the apathy from long ago. The sort of complete apathy that shouldn't appear on a mortal, but rather on a heavenly saint.

Her alluring yet extremely rigid face was no longer able to maintain its expression, and finally cracked. The moment her tears started flowing, Xiao Hua chose to cover her eyes and turn her back, crouching down on the floor.