Untitled Part 124

Senior Concubine Qiao walked in and first gave the Jing Consort her greetings. She then greeted Qi-Shi, as well as Qian-Shi and Mao-Shi, before finally sitting on the side. These days Qi-Shi and the rest came daily, and Senior Concubine Qiao had accompanied them a few times. Everyone was naturally familiar with each other.

"There's nothing to do in the winter. I heard aunt was over at the consort's place and wanted to join the liveliness."

"Senior concubine is too polite."

The Jing Consort took a sip of her tea smiled at Senior Concubine Qiao in tacit understanding.

They both knew what the other was thinking. Unfortunately the Jing Consort no longer had the confidence to grimace at Senior Concubine Qiao anymore. Having been confined for over a year, the Jing Consort finally realized that she was nothing if she angered him...

"Cousin Miao Lian is already quite old. Does she have a marriage arranged yet?" Immediately after, Senior Concubine Qiao faked a slap on her mouth as she said, "This mouth of mine has no filter. Cousin Miao Lian shouldn't take offense."

Qi-Shi's expression turned rigid for a moment before saying with a dark expression: "Not yet. It's our household's fault for dragging her down. She isn't young anymore, but still doesn't have a marriage lined up."

"Mother, what are your saying!?" Li Miao Lian was both shy and lovable.

"Hehe, cousin Miao Lian is shy. This isn't a big deal. Marriage is something unavoidable when a girl comes of age. Cousin Miao Lian has such a flowerlike appearance, she must find her prince charming in the future."

Senior Concubine Qiao was eloquent, and her quips and banter pleased the room full of women.

Qi-Shi sighed, "About this matter, I can't help but ask consort and senior concubine to give us a hand. This is my oldest daughter. Having spoiled and pampered her from birth, I can't drag her down any longer."

As she spoke, Qi-Shi started wiping away tears. Concubine He consoled on the side: "Madam you can't cry. Having come to the Jing Prince Estate, his highness naturally wouldn't let his own cousin's marriage be a problem."

This act made the Jing Consort smile behind the handkerchief she used to cover her mouth. This Li family's madam was quite the capable person, able to climb up whatever tree she sees. Although she thought this, she still said: "Cousin Miao Lian is such an attractive person, how can the matter of her marriage be difficult!?"

Qi-Shi showed a joyful expression and hurriedly expressed her gratitude: "Then we'll have to inconvenience consort in the future."

The Jing Consort clearly showed a troubled expression, and looked towards Senior Concubine Qiao. The two of them seemed to communicate without words.

What's wrong? This shouldn't be hard, right?

"Consort...."

"This—-" The Jing Consort hesitated.

Senior Concubine Qiao sighed on the side: "Aunt may not be aware, but our prince's estate is quite strict with the rules. Us women spend our days wandering about the rear court. We aren't able to help much with things on the outside."

"It shouldn't be hard to find out about young nobles of the appropriate age when women interact, right?" Qi-Shi thought these two were giving an excuse because they weren't willing to help her daughter.

When she mentioned this, Senior Concubine Qiao and the Jing Consort's expressions turned even worse. Our highness is apathetic and the rules of the estate were strict. If it were any other household, the women would often hold banquets as social gatherings, or girls from subordinate families would often come visit.