Untitled Part 27

When Eunuch Fu, who had vanished after bringing them into the hall, announced that from today on they would be serving inside the hall itself, the group of low-ranked palace maids were speechless in disbelief and pleasant surprise.

What kind of luck did they stumble into? Why was it that all their wishes seemed to be coming true? All these thoughts and emotions didn't need words to be expressed.

Of course, this didn't include Xiao Hua.

Not only did Eunuch Fu permit them to serve inside the hall itself, he even handed them two sets of beautiful clothes. The material was of excellent quality, and even included some head ornaments and jewelry.

These palace maids were astonished. Were these the benefits of working inside the hall?

Everyone's complicated thoughts and feelings didn't need to be described in detail. After they put away the things they received, Eunuch Fu had been considerate to the end and let them have the rest of the afternoon off to prepare for tomorrow's work.

Within the palace maids' room, Xi'er stroked the clothing fabric fondly, spreading it out and looking it over repeatedly.

"This is for us to wear? How nice!" After being excited for a while, she said again: "Would we get into trouble for not wearing the low-ranked palace maid outfit?"

"Country bumpkin." Sneered Qiao Lian.

By now those in the room had learned to ignore Qiao Lian's harsh remarks, since after all if they were to argue with her every day they might as well not have a life.

Zhi'er smiled prettily like a flower to the side, "Definitely not. Eunuch Fu is the estate's general manager. Since he has spoken, there would definitely be no one to punish us."

The Jing Prince Estate's rules were strict. Every level of palace maid had their own attire.

The mid-ranked palace maids wore bright red short coats and verdant green skirts, high-ranked palace maids wore pinkish red short coats and lilac skirts. The aunties in charge wore maroon layered short coats with periwinkle skirt with an extra white necktie. Some aunties in charge had an extra brown hat on, though as of today Xiao Hua had only seen it appear on Auntie Qi.

The low-ranked palace maid attire was especially ugly. The short coat was indigo blue and the skirt was ginger. The colors were extremely dark, a dirty blur when seen from afar. But because these low-ranked palace maids all did unskilled labor, the dirt couldn't be seen on their dark faces.

Having worn these dark colors for almost two months, seeing these bright and fresh colored clothing and being told they could wear it, even the normally silent and wooden Xiu Yun had a happy expression.

After all they were young girls. Were there any who wouldn't like appearing beautiful? Each of them started trying on their new outfits.

"You guys take a look. Does it look good?" Xi'er finished changing and asked excitedly.

Xi'er had put on the crimson orange short coat and pea green skirt. The colors were extremely vivid, and Xi'er's pale face and large eyes stood out beautifully in contrast.

The few who hadn't put on their clothes yet saw Xi'er's suddenly beautiful appearance and their eyes flashed in admiration while their actions became several times quicker.

The clothes they received were all the same, but because each had their own unique traits the clothes brought out different flavors in each of them.

Xi'er was naturally bright and lively, Qiao Lian was flashy and overbearing, Xiu Yun was gentle and refined, Zhi'er was charming and agreeable, Mei'er was fresh and pure. Each had their own flavor.